It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:36 am

Newbie maybe asking a dumb question.

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

ArmandB

Newbie maybe asking a dumb question.

PostFri May 22, 2020 5:33 pm

I have a Rodgers 760 - with an Artisan system installed. Love it. Considering doing much more. - 1. Does the Artisan system need to be disabled to run any Hauptwerk sets? 2. I have an iMac 27” 5K touchscreen [yes it is an add on] 32GB RAM - 3.5 GHz - 2.5 TB fusion. — I can probably run larger Sample sets. — Q. I have read about “floating keyboards” — Can I run ex. Skinner, Salisbury or Hereford sample sets on the two manual 760 and possible still be able to access the the choir and solo divisions? — The Rodgers 760 has a native power supply and 4 channel audio — into 2 klipsch LaScalla speakers - with separate 18” Peavy woofer & separate Festival Trumpet in to horn loaded speakers. Thanks for all your patience with us newbies?

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Newbie maybe asking a dumb question.

PostFri May 22, 2020 10:16 pm

Hello Armand,

Thanks for your interest in Hauptwerk.

My understanding is that your console was midified using Artisan' components. In that you don't want to disable it since it that system who will allow your console to "talk" to Hauptwerk.

Your computer (with 32Gb) will allow you to play most of the Hautpwerk library (some with limitations), but many without any limitation.

You can easily use your 2-manuals console to control/use a 3 and even 4 manual virtual organ. You can use couplers, "hardwire/autodetect" one keyboard to control 2 divisions or use floating divisions.

For the audio, unless your console has specific inputs for your 4 channels, you will probably use the audio in of your console who is only stereo. You may find more information in your user manual about how the audio is routed.

For sure you seems to have the right console (Midified), good computer and great audio (even if you're limited to stereo with your audio IN, the Klipsch are great speakers).

You can download the Hautpwerk Installation and User Manual and the Release Notice to learn more about Hauptwerk and eventually request a trial license.

Hope this helps
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

ArmandB

PostSat May 23, 2020 12:16 am

Thanks a lot for your response —
For further understanding:
My question about disconnecting the Artisan system was not about disconnecting the Artisan MIDI boards. I was wondering if I can KEEP the Artisan Sound Engine connected to the a Artisan MIDI Boards and at the same time connect the Hauptwerk to those same boards while the Artisan sound engine was still on line.
Thanks
I will download the manuals thanks again - Merci Francois

mdyde

PostSat May 23, 2020 5:49 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

micdev

Site Admin

PostSat May 23, 2020 6:44 am

Hello Armand,

While I never saw or used an Artisan sound engine (ASE) I checked their website and it is basically a MIDI module with in an OUT, so it should be possible to use Hauptwerk and the ASE. You will simply connect a cable from your ASE midi out to the MIDI IN on your interface/computer.

I have no idea how you activate/deactivate the stops on the ASE, but chaining the ASE and Hauptwerk will play what is selected on both devices.

Hope this helps
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

profeluisegarcia

PostSat May 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Hello Armand: I have trying to contact you tu send the Floating Division Tutorial you asked for. The HW mail says: The requested users to be added do not exist. (??). I need a @ mail to mail it.
Luis

Return to Technical support