It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 pm

voxus organs + livedrive.com

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

sonar11

voxus organs + livedrive.com

PostTue May 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Has anybody successfully downloaded files from livedrive.com? I'm trying to download the Tholen sample, but my connection (though mostly fine) does drop out occassionally during a download. Normally my download manager handles this, and simply reconnects and begins downloading where it left off... so partial downloads or "byte ranges" as they are called.

However, this is not working with livedrive.com server. I have tried 4 different clients, all of them fail after about a gig or so (when the connection drops for the first time), and none of them are able to reconnect and download where it left off. Test clients were:
-downloadThemAll (plugin to firefox)
-IDM (Internet Download Manager)
-wget (command line)
-curl (command line)

In desperation, I wrote my own little downloader in java to see what exactly is going on...

The livedrive server does state that it supports byte ranges / partial downloads with this in the header output:
Cache-Control: private
Content-Length: 4293918720
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=<removed by me>; path=/; HttpOnly
X-AspNetMvc-Version: 2.0
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Tholen_Grotekerk_5.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar"
X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
X-Served-By: WEBUSER01
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 20:44:32 GMT
Connection: close

But any attempt to start downloading at a given offset into the file fails, using multiple clients; the server returns 0 bytes or an empty stream. Exact error message from curl is:
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

It is interesting to note that I can start the download over from scratch again, with no errors, using the same url. So it doesn't appear to be a case of "one use url's only" where sometimes the urls are only valid once and expire.

I have not had issues with partial downloads before on this connection...

Ideas? Comments?

Return to General discussion