It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:02 am

Mr. Tolman - I can't get an email to you

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

mdyde

Mr. Tolman - I can't get an email to you

PostSun Feb 15, 2004 1:05 pm

Sorry - I haven't been able to reply to your email. The mail bounces with an error 'Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied'. Not sure whether the problem is at my end or yours, but I've had no problems sending mails to other people.

If you read this, could you send me a message via the forum, and I'll reply to that instead?

Thanks,
Martin.

cdatzko

Re: Mr. Tolman - I can't get an email to you

PostSun Feb 15, 2004 1:49 pm

mdyde wrote:Sorry - I haven't been able to reply to your email. The mail bounces with an error 'Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied'. Not sure whether the problem is at my end or yours, but I've had no problems sending mails to other people.

If you read this, could you send me a message via the forum, and I'll reply to that instead?

Thanks,
Martin.

I've had similar errors a few times already. Could it be that you use Linux or your own smtp server to send the mails? Some ISPs started blocking dialup or dsl lines because they've been used for spam... They effectivle make email more and more unusable, but one can't do anything against it. Except: Try using your ISPs SMTP server or use a gmx account with webmail.

Christian.

Return to General discussion