It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:45 pm

Allen theatre stop tabs

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

OPUS1883

Allen theatre stop tabs

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 2:14 am

Hi. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can purchase stop tabs to fit an Allen theatre organ...? I have contacted Allen Organs but had no reply... Not so sure that they are happy that I want to use one of their organs to control Hauptwerk ??

Chris

schantzplayer

Re: Allen theatre stop tabs

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 pm

It is nice to know that an Allen owner can get parts (through his Allen authorized technician) for any organ they ever made. But they really should not be so snobby about it. They should face the fact that Allen consoles can have a second life after you yank the vacuum tubes out of it.

Frank_VTPO

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 1:16 am

Dear Chris,
I recommend You to send an inquiry to Mr. Bob Arndt (Arndt Organ Supply).
He certainly knows which colours of the stop tongues and which font style will fit to the existing ones on the Allen console. He also reproduces font styles as far as I know.
Best regards,
Frank

OPUS1883

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 1:25 am

Thanks for the replies. I called my local allen dealership yesterday, and they were most helpful !! I was surprised, as when i told them i would be running hauptwerk from the console, they were absolutely fine with it. They have offered to fit the uk power supply that they have in stock and also check the organ over to make sure it is working ok... They also said it was no problem to order some new stop tabs for me and fit them if needed.

Chris

Return to General discussion