It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

Edit registration sequencer

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

IainStinson

Edit registration sequencer

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 7:04 pm

The registration sequencer

I've recently been making more use of the registration sequencer system. It works very nicely and the interface with the player very "easy to use". However, it is a little frustrating should you need to add an additional step into the sequence - you need to copy each of the steps after the insertion point one step further into the sequence to create a gap for the additional step. If you need to delete a step I've found it best to copy the previous step to the one which is no longer required so it effectively makes no change when selected.

It would be helpful if the registration sequencer / combination stepper system included facilities to "edit" the sequence of registrations ("stepper frames"). A number of real organs have this type of functionality and it would enhance HW in an important way.

The system already allows an existing stepper frame to be changed but two additional functions are needed to complete the functionality for editing.
- insert new stepper frame before the current stepper frame; an addition stepper frame with the currently selected registration (of stops, couplers etc.) is added to the stop sequencer sequence before the current stepper frame and the newly inserted stepper frame becomes the current stepper frame
- delete the current stepper frame; the current stepper frame is deleted and the next stepper frame becomes the current stepper frame.

It would also be useful to be able to clear the sequencer for the current combination set making all stepper frames empty.

There has been very little discussion of this on the forum (only one post and reply in November 2011). I think MDA may have enhancement requests logged for this but wonder what others think.

Iain

mdyde

Re: Edit registration sequencer

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 3:42 am

Hello Iain,

Yes -- that's been requested lots of times, and we do plan to implement some editing facilities in the future (which would facilitate at the very least the operations you mention, but the exact designs will be worked out nearer the time). I've added your notes to the enhancement request.

I think it was probably discussed previously in the 'suggestions and enhancements' section of the forum, but that was removed and replaced by this form for submitting enhancement requests: https://www.hauptwerk.com/forms/suggestions/ . Hence that's the intended place to submit enhancement requests now.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

John L

PostThu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 am

My own voyage of discovery has brought me to more advanced use of the stepper and, inevitably, up against the wish to insert/delete frames. Is the enhancement likely to come any time soon?

The latest software seems to be version 4.2.1.003 released over three years ago on 06/09/15, which is about the same time as the original post. Are there any new releases on the horizon?

John.

John L

PostThu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Absent any response, I have just posted this enhancement suggestion:

Apparently (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14503) the ability to edit the sequencer has been requested "lots of times" but the last posting on the matter was three years ago. It really would be a useful, if not essential enhancement, so this is a formal request for it to be put into the development plan for implementation ASAP.

A relatively simple editor is all that is needed - the ability to insert and delete frames would do it.

In the meantime, can you supply a description of the OrganCombinationSet_Hauptwerk_xml file structure to permit me to write an external XML-based editor.

Thanks

John.

ludu

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 4:40 am

John L wrote:The latest software seems to be version 4.2.1.003 released over three years ago on 06/09/15, which is about the same time as the original post. Are there any new releases on the horizon?

I suggest you have a look on this post:
http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17215#p129046
Luc

John L

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am

Thank you Luc. Hopefully the optimists are right and a new version is in the works.

John.

Return to General discussion