It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:26 am

The Next Round of MP3 Band Organ Tunes

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

CHRIS 037

The Next Round of MP3 Band Organ Tunes

PostMon Apr 05, 2004 2:50 am

April 4, 2004
Hello Hauptwerk People,

I just placed a new bunch of mp3 tunes on my web page. I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful sound that the Hauptwerk software provides. I'm still trying out various types of music to find out what works and what doesn't. I would be interested in your opinions.

I put together two more of the upbeat hymns. They are appropriate for this time of the year, I think: "Herzliebster Jesu," ("Ah, Holy Jesus")and "Savior, When In Dust To Thee." (I added some chordal anguish to the latter, to match the sort of 'Mel Gibson' feel of the verses.)

I found a midi file of the Glen Miller version of "In The Mood." I think it sounds great on the band organ. Also, Santana's "Black Magic Woman." And "Mary's Boy Child." (Ok, so it's not Christmas yet, but the tune sounded so smooth and lush, that I couldn't resist it.)

Also, it's no surprise that the two marches, "King Cotton" and "The Thunderer," worked out well.

I'm still not really sure if "Ride of the Valkyries" and "William Tell Overture - Galop" are ok. They sound pretty good, but classical orchestral pieces may be too much of a stretch.

I really want to thank Martin Dyde, Brett Milan, and Ariaan Hoogendijk. These guys have provided me with some of the most fun and pleasure I have ever experienced. I know I'm not using the materials they've created in the way they intended when I made up the "Band Organ," but it certainly demonstrates the incredible strength and versatility of what they've done. They should be congratulated.

If the mp3's would interest you, the web address is:

http://home.comcast.net/~chris909037/index.html

Leo Christopherson

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Apr 05, 2004 2:28 pm

Hi Leo! Thanks for providing these new demos. They are definitely unlike anything I have heard before! I want to say that the Santana demo is absolutely great! Everyone MUST listen to it!

I'm glad to see you are finding a useful way to use the organ samples, and for something other than the "norm". The two different organs combine quite well I think.

BTW, what are you using for the percussion?

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

G'day

magic!

PostMon Apr 05, 2004 9:41 pm

Leo. you rock!
Once again you've enlarged the Hauptwerk universe. What next ????
G'day

Return to General discussion