It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:08 am

Organ Sound Archive - A new website.

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Peter Collings

Organ Sound Archive - A new website.

PostMon Apr 05, 2004 12:29 pm

Dear Hauptwerk users,

http://www.organsoundarchive.com

This website will summarise my research during the last year. Greatly inspired by Hauptwerk/Martin Dyde, Organ Sound Archive (OSA) will provide a service that enables churches and concert halls to have a digital blueprint of their own pipe organs.
My aim is "Facilitating the preservation and promotion of the sound of historic pipe organs using digital media" - the project exists to provide recorded OSA archives for the organ owners. OSAs are recorded at 96k in surround sound to allow the possibilities for future development. The pipe organ owners are free to develop/distribute/promote the material as they wish, with or without my guidance - As a professional organist, I am happy to see attention drawn to real pipe organs and the provision of a 'backup' of the sound using this project - it will prove to be a valuable educational resource.

Already two successful OSAs have been recorded at St John the Evangelist Derby (2m Father Willis) and Symphony Hall Birmingham (4m Klais). I am collaborating with several sources with a view to using the archive for educational purposes and promotion of the instrument at large.
More UK instruments are scheduled for archivation shortly.

I will update you with developments as my research continues, please do not hesitate to get in touch for more information.

Best wishes,

Peter Collings.

email@organsoundarchive.com

Return to General discussion