It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am

Features in next version of Hauptwerk?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Re: Features in next version of Hauptwerk?

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 am

An engineer would agree that if you don't continually upgrade a system , it will die. I'm not a computer person so I just look at a computer as something that I use for a specific task. Remember when Microsoft introduced Window's 95 ? I didn't see the need to continually change it. It did what I needed. It slowed down my work by having to relearn new operating systems.
Hauptwerk, in its present form, offers everything that I need as an organist. I think it is easy to use. As a computer dolt, that is a great endorsement . I do realize that the present version was an improvement over the previous version in its economy of RAM. My largest sample set did not fully load into my 32GB with my earlier version but it does with the present version. I would have said that I would like to see a reverb built in so that I could use much larger "dry" sample sets but the latest Version of Hauptwerk seems to handle the largest sample set without any issues. Granted, sample sets are getting bigger requiring more and more memory, but how large an organ do we really need ? In a home environment with speakers and or headphones, it seems that an organ size has a finite limitation before it becomes cumbersome or lacks clarity. That being said, I "future proofed" my computer. Even if the entire operating system is changed so as to obsolete my computer, I can be satisfied that I have sufficient sample sets to meet my every need. My experience has shown that although computers dramatically change,basically forcing people to buy new ones.
I'm sure that Brett and Martin have everything under control. They can be confident that there are an aweful lot of happy Hauptwerk owners out there.
Antoni

scottherbert

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 11:36 am

I totally agree with you Antoni, with one exception. I built (sorry, had re-built) a computer that I believed was future proof with a capacity of 32 gig of ram! :roll: :oops: Well, I guess I just didn't see these giants coming!

"She who must be obeyed" has decreed that this had better last me, so any pricey upgrades just aren't in the cards!

~S
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

deWaverley

PostFri Jun 23, 2017 10:47 am

With every other piece of software I use I have a wishlist as long as my arm (and with each successive update, those wishes are never adressed, while all sorts of useless bloat are added!), but Hauptwerk may well be the first program in history that has become as good as it ever needs to be.

The last upgrade was so astonishingly comprehensive that (apart from being able to load 2 or 3 samplesets into RAM at the start of a session and instantly swap between them, which is apparently completely impractical to implement) I can't think of anything else I would want it to do.

Obviously I'll buy the next upgrade, if only to support Martin - but I'm perfectly happy where we are now. 8)

martinus

PostFri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm

The current version of Hauptwerk is absolutely stunning!
It's functional , versatile and stable :D
I hope that Martin and Brett will take their time with the next release....
Keep up the good work and realize that not a single(hardware based) electronic organ builder is able to come close to the amazing full ,rich ,transparent pipe organ sounds that we take for granted !

kind regards,
Mart c van Herk
Patience is a virtue

mcvanherk@gmail.com
Previous

Return to General discussion