It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am

Hauptwerk and Quantum Mechanics

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

profeluisegarcia

Hauptwerk and Quantum Mechanics

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 10:16 am

Our dear Forum colleague Ed (Engrssc) has commented today that it took 108 years to his Chicago Cubs team winning the World Series, and remarked that in a very shorter spam of time HW has reached a similar success.
(viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15659)

Likewise and loosely speaking, the same time has elapsed since QM came into life with its theoretical possibilities on tele-transportation , etc. Who knows when it will be a reality … but now I do not care about it¡ because as to my personal view, HW has already come very close to it, at least in the form of “inversed information teleportation,” since the organ bits have come to us, and not otherwise.

Decades ago, when I knew about QM quasi fantasies, I dreamt in being tele-transported to those european churches and play their historical and magnificent organs at night. … and now it is exactly what I do every night: sit at the organ bench, activate stops, close eyes for a while, play organs at different places, and listen to them (mistakes included, unlike recordings¡)... but the sustained applause do not go to the player, but to HW creator, developers and organ samplers.

Luis

engrssc

Re: Hauptwerk and Quantum Mechanics

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 12:40 pm

And, too, you can download MIDI files from CB and listen to the music played by others as if you were sitting in those same cathedrals and churches without a learning curve of some more difficult compositions. Really the best of so more situations. :)

Rgds,
Ed

ldeutsch

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Actually, quantum mechanics has achieved quite a bit. Recently, information transfer using entangled photons has been demonstrated over fairly long distances on the surface of the Earth. The Chinese had a press release claiming they have done this in space - but I have yet to see the technical results. Quantum key distribution has become a standard tool in the fight against cyber threats. There has also been some success with simple quantum computers (using "cubits" as the basic device.)

Quantum communications research is part of my day job that allows me to afford to be an organist in a second career!

Les

organtechnology

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 4:17 pm

How is the Positronic Brain project coming along?
That would make a heck of a Hauptwerk computer. :D
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Jon Hammond

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 6:09 am

Has this (cubits) been adapted to amateur radio? AG4A

ldeutsch

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 8:28 am

Not to my knowledge. The commercial products that exist using this technology are still very expensive.

Return to General discussion