It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 am

How to delete a post?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

profeluisegarcia

How to delete a post?

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello¡ In FAQ questions it is clear how to Edit a post but not how to Delete it before any reply. Please some hint. Thanks¡

mdyde

Re: How to delete a post?

PostTue Nov 15, 2016 4:48 am

Hello Luis,

I'm not certain off-hand, but I think perhaps that the forum permissions might be set so that only administrators can completely delete a post or topic. However, if you just edit the post to replace its contents with something like 'deleted' or 'please delete' then we can delete it for you.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Nov 15, 2016 10:26 pm

Hello Luis,

Forum members cannot delete their own posts, only the admin can do that. As Martin wrote, you can simply request for us to delete a post (if no other replies have been made from other members) or simply click the Edit button and modify the text etc.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Nov 16, 2016 10:13 am

Hello Brett¡ Thanks for the clarification.

Sometimes I -and others- have duplicated accidentally a post, or while I am writing an answer to some fellow a similar answer arrives first, so mine becomes redundant, and I would like to delete it.

Perhaps I misunderstood this FAQ :

"How do I edit or delete a post?
Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts...Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
(Couldn´t it imply plainly speaking -not formal logically- that normal users can delete their posts before being replied?)

Let me tirelessly repeat that many times while playing on your HW I feel blessed by a miracle¡ :D

OrganoPleno

PostWed Nov 16, 2016 10:30 am

profeluisegarcia wrote:Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

Before anybody replies, you can edit your post so that all we can see is "Deleted". This makes it much less likely that anybody will reply... since there is nothing there for us to reply to!

And even afterwards, you could do that, but we'd still see whatever replies there were.

Return to General discussion