It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

UPDATE Is going v2-v4 Basic or is Adv..worthy or silly

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

kopermic

UPDATE Is going v2-v4 Basic or is Adv..worthy or silly

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Update I purchased the Advanced update I love it !!! thanks to all.
I Any thoughts would you? St Anne's, Mos.. on a 12yr old PC 1Casio kybd & v. 2.21 Studio -->so upgrading with a year old Mac Mini dual-core Intel Core i5 2.6G i5, 8G MAC OS 10.11.6 is it even worth it, will that be enough memory to enjoy other organs? I want it but conflicted. Help
Thanks Mike K
Last edited by kopermic on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

josq

Re: Is going v.2 -> v. 4 Basic or is Adv..worthy or silly

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Yes, it is worthwhile.

There are now many free sample sets. Many famous organs have been recorded in the last years and the producer often releases a demo containing a few beautiful stops. Some people (including me, some time ago) have been working on composite sample sets that combine multiple demo's to get a very complete disposition, which works very well. These composite sample sets are also freely available.

Updating to a newer computer and HW4.2 Advanced comes therefore with a present: you will be able to enjoy many excellent sample sets for free. I recommend a minimum of 8 GB RAM, preferably 16 GB (or at least 32GB if you want to invest in recent top-quality commercial sample sets). Only the advanced edition of HW will take advantage of these large amounts of RAM.

kopermic

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 4:51 am

Dear, josh, Thank for your advice, Unlike the studio v.2.21 on my now Old Dead 10 year old windows system. The free version of Hauptwerk 4.21 for my 2014 Mac Mini OS X 10.11.6 Core i5, 8GB I found wonderful to install and even the St ann's organ sounded so much better. I wish I could upgrade this Macs memory to16 GB I think I will and get the Advanced version I just hate parting with the money! My luck a new Major Version of Hauptwerk will come out and I will have wish I had waited LOL. Oh well, have a great and blessed Holiday.
P.S.
I would also like to thank Martin Dyde, for the very wonderful and fast response and the links and guidance.
Many Thanks,
Michael Koperski

mdyde

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 5:18 am

Thanks, Michael.

I too think (and hope) that'd you'd find the v4 Advanced or Basic Editions to offer significant benefits above the Free Edition on your Mac Mini. An i5 CPU with 8 GB should be capable of running a lot of modern medium-sized (and even quite large, if non-surround) sample sets. You can always try the various editions by selecting the options to evaluate them when launching Hauptwerk.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to General discussion