It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

Insurance Value

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

cham-ed

Insurance Value

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 8:39 am

Recently I completed my VPO (well at least for the moment, I'm sure it will never be totally done). Anyway I wanted to add a rider to my homeowner's, as musical instruments are limited to $1500 without it. They wanted me to establish the value of the instrument. Relatively easy is the price of advanced Hauptwerk and sample sets.
Now for the fun, I gutted a Rodger's 22D, what do I say the console is worth, as I was given it. And along with that I got two Rodger's amps and a Walker speaker set. Obviously they are worth something and what would be needed to replace them.
And then the next question, is the computer and software not considered a musical instrument but computer equipment? And then I would need a computer rider for that? My agent as willing to ask underwriting but asked to dollar amounts. Anyone with experience for insurance? :?:

magnaton

Re: Insurance Value

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 am

Yes I have had a little experience with this.

Insurance companies want to keep it simple, what does it cost to replace your Rodgers regardless how you acquired it or its current operational state. For their reasoning it was a functioning organ that you practiced on. For replacement costs (2 manual, stop tab, AGO spec'd electronic church organ) a new Rodgers would be around 24K the last time I shopped around. Having pictures of the Rodgers 22D still intact is good for claims as well.

Danny B.

organtechnology

Re: Insurance Value

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 11:09 pm

cham-ed wrote:Recently I completed my VPO (well at least for the moment, I'm sure it will never be totally done). Anyway I wanted to add a rider to my homeowner's, as musical instruments are limited to $1500 without it. They wanted me to establish the value of the instrument. Relatively easy is the price of advanced Hauptwerk and sample sets.
Now for the fun, I gutted a Rodger's 22D, what do I say the console is worth, as I was given it. And along with that I got two Rodger's amps and a Walker speaker set. Obviously they are worth something and what would be needed to replace them.
And then the next question, is the computer and software not considered a musical instrument but computer equipment? And then I would need a computer rider for that? My agent as willing to ask underwriting but asked to dollar amounts. Anyone with experience for insurance? :?:

You can contact me at my email address below and I will generate a replacement cost quote for you to give to the insurance company.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Return to General discussion