It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:15 pm

Possibly Hauptwerk??

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

organassist

Possibly Hauptwerk??

PostSun Mar 12, 2017 3:53 pm

I just listened to the Classic FM chart and was interested in "And I saw a new heaven" by Bainton. The new recording by Queen's College Choir is documented as being recorded at St Michael and All Angels, Oxford.

The organ in the recording sounds like a very different instrument from the one listed on the NPOR and also shown in a photo on the church website. Does anyone know which instrument was used for the recording and whether Hauptwerk was involved???

There may be more information on the physical CD cover but I cannot find out any other details online.

CarsonCooman

Re: Possibly Hauptwerk??

PostSun Mar 12, 2017 4:22 pm

organassist wrote:The organ in the recording sounds like a very different instrument from the one listed on the NPOR and also shown in a photo on the church website. Does anyone know which instrument was used for the recording and whether Hauptwerk was involved?? There may be more information on the physical CD cover but I cannot find out any other details online.

The CD booklet says that some of the tracks were also recorded in the Chapel of Keble College, Oxford. (The Keble instrument is a 4-manual 2011 Tickell organ.)

organassist

Re: Possibly Hauptwerk??

PostSun Mar 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Many thanks for such a quick response - I am glad that I was not "imagining things"!!!

Return to General discussion