It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:17 am

Forum issue

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

engrssc

Forum issue

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 7:17 pm

When I click on The H/W Forum icon on my desktop, the Forum comes up (quite slowly) but the circle chasing itself in the upper left hand corner (to the left of {Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe) never stops spinning. Still doing it right now as I type. This particular computer is running Win 7. Same issue with all 5 of my other computers, 2 - running Win 10, 1 - running Win 8.1 and 2 - others also running Win 7.

Nothing like that on any other sites or Forums. Have all kinds of virus protections etc. Slightly difficult to reply to a post as well. Takes a long time to get to the reply page. Sometimes, have to go back to the main post page and try again. Always works the 2nd try. This weird behavior has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Never had anything like this before and I've frequented this Forum a couple times here and there. I re-boot my main computer at least once a week. Haven't tried any of the Mac's as they are strictly Hauptwerk and never have been online.Unique only for me?

Upper left (corner) circle going clockwise still chasing it's tail. (Once had a goofy dog that did that.) :roll:

Rgds,
Ed

TheOrganDoc

Re: Forum issue

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi Ed,
The only times that I've had that problem, it turned out to be due to Internet loss, I now have a fiber optic,
IP, and after lots of reset's and calls, no more problems and +or- 50 Meg. bandwidth, reliably ! :roll:
Mel
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

mdyde

PostSat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 am

Hello Ed,

The forum usually performs well for me here (from the U.K.), and I've just checked again, for good measure, and its pages load almost immediately in both FireFox and Internet Explorer (with no residual spinning page-loading indicators). We had to move the forum to a new host unexpectedly in January this year and it's now hosted by a U.K.-based hosting company that we've found to be very reliable over the years. Perhaps there's some kind of performance issue with the Internet connection between your particular I.S.P. and the U.K., for some reason.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Update. I spent quite an amount of time this weekend looking for possible causes of the issues I've been having. This computer has been getting more and more unstable, almost unusable. Did a search and came up with these viruses or malware hiding in various places. dingdongde, AVAST, magicbit, mcafee, piriform , chromium

I was able to get rid of them and the computer is running and responding much better. The Hauptwerk Forum still loads somewhat slower than any other sites, but when it is loaded, is now much more stable. Can't explain the slow load, but will keep looking. BTW, if anyone else runs into things of this nature, the names used by the evil hackers is often misleading. For instance, mcafee isn't the real mcafee software but a conglomeration of malicious junk.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to General discussion