It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

Video recording using picture-in picture features.

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Video recording using picture-in picture features.

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 am

Although this is a technical question, it is not directly associated with Hauptwerk, so I placed it here under general Discussion.
I see today that many Hauptwerk enthusiasts are video recording themselves using the much more impressive and effective picture-in-picture technique. Can anyone recommend a brand ? I seem to recall that probably a decade ago, Rob Steffanussen's talented wife was able to record Rob's playing from several angles and all at the same time (I think). Now it seems everyone is doing it.
Also, since my age, memory, arthritis and everything else related to old age adds up to a bunch of feeble excuses and not a completed performance, I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend a video editing software where I can cheat a little bit and string together several separate performance sections to give the appearance of one seamless and error-free playing experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Antoni

sjkartchner

Re: Video recording using picture-in picture features.

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 10:51 am

Both PIP and editing (and much more) can be done in Adobe Premiere Pro: http://blog.sharbor.com/blog/2009/01/creating-a-pip-picture-in-picture-with-adobe-premiere-pro/. There are probably other perfectly adequate and less expensive solutions out there.
Stan Kartchner, Tucson, AZ USA

Return to General discussion