It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

Delayed trem

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

engrssc

Re: Delayed trem

PostTue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

IMHO, for classical organs, I look for musical or instrumental sounds. Other sounds are ok for Theatre Organs for which I have a Rodgers 340 T/O modified with H/W and Paramount T/O sample sets.

Rgds,
Ed

Jcvtpo

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 3:51 pm

I believe this has been accomplished with several Theatre Organs running Uniflex relays. Certain tremulants can be assigned to switch on when one presses through to second touch. Alternatively, you can assign a piston to control just the tremulant as is done here: https://youtu.be/N2KIqzfam_Q?t=17s

engrssc

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Yes, that's the effect. When I get time, I will do something similar using the kick switch on the left expr pedal.to do the same control of the trem. The kick switch presently operates a control relay with multiple contacts. One feature of the kick switch is sustain/sostenuto for the Great and/or Solo manuals. No problem to let it do other things as well. I know of a Barton (real) T/O that does several of these same features and a classical Shantz as well. So real, authentic pipe organs can do many things maybe just a little out of the ordinary, yes?. 8)

I read of and seen evidence of many great, renowned pipe organ builders doing very creative "stuff".

Rgds,
Ed..

johnstump_organist

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 10:09 am

There is a tremulant version on some pipe organs that has the ability to have speed and depth adjusted at the console. There was at least one Schoenstein built that had a kick switch installed on the swell pedal to control the speed of the swell tremulant. Sorry I don't remember where it it was, I just remember reading the description in the American organist a few years back. It may have been the K street Episcopal church in D.C. as that organ also had the pizzacato effect on the pedal Open. For some reason it doesn't seem to have become a standard feature and I have not been it listed on many other organs.
John

engrssc

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am

Schoenstein is a great pipe organ innovating company, be it standard or otherwise. My "vote" is for things otherwise. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

TheOrganDoc

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 pm

One of my Pipe organ parts supply company's Catalogs, from 10 years ago, shows a two part Trem control device, ie;
(1) a small "pc" board, with both a speed pot and a depth pot to mount on the backboard, also knobs for them !
(2) a wooden box, with an air connection to be tubed to the Pipe-chest -- this box had a large Electromagnetic Air Dump Valve inside it that would be "Pulse, driven, with console adjusted "Pulse, speed" and length controlled by the pots on the Console Backboard . I would imagine that a swell slide switch could be connected to the speed pot to get the desired effect (On a Pipe Organ, -ONLY- ),! ! !

-----On a Hauptwerk Organ it would be difficult to Impossible to implement,
unless provided for,in a sample set ! ! ! :roll: Best wishes to All !
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

engrssc

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 5:44 pm

TheOrganDoc wrote:On a Hauptwerk Organ it would be difficult to Impossible to implement,
unless provided for in a sample set

Jake (subbas32) can do it.

Rgds,
Ed
Previous

Return to General discussion