It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 am

Ten years with Hauptwerk and going strong !!!

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

giwro

Re: Ten years with Hauptwerk and going strong !!!

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 9:25 am

I looked back in my emails - I contacted Martin back in 2002 when HW 1 was still "shareware", expressing interest in developing a sample set for the emerging software. By 2004 I had produced the FBR set, and I was on my way.

Interestingly enough, I didn't get my own console at home until 2013 or so, as I was able to hook HW up to the consoles in churches I served...

I've enjoyed having my console at home to practice, and producing sample sets has allowed me the luxury of having spending money for my "habit". It also has been a huge help for producing demo files for my publishing site, as well as for others.

16 years is a long run, and I've enjoyed it - HW has allowed me to explore repertoire using idiomatic instruments suited to it - so satisfying to use a Cavaille-Coll for the romantic French repertoire.
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

Cooky

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 am

October 2003

wurlitzer28

PostWed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 am

Long time HW dabbler.

Used HW to pair with my 1928 Wurlitzer Theater Pipe organ. After my home designed electronic relay was hit by lightening, destroying all electronics in the console and pipe chamber, I was able to limp along using nothing but HW.

Now the Pipe organ is leaving for hopefully a spot back into a local theater, I am looking to replace the old XP 32 bit PC, get some midi keyboards, place them in an old Wurlitzer Electronic organ console and once again enjoy the many things that HW brings to the table. MidiTzer brought me to the HW table and the great support and ever expanding features of HW will keep me here.

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Apr 25, 2018 5:00 pm

I arrived to this paradise when the fruit was mature and riped: HW v. 4. In that time my nightmares trying to design and built with spare parts a small pipe organ disappeared. And since then I thanks each other day in my heart to his developers.
Luis

TheOrganDoc

PostWed Apr 25, 2018 6:12 pm

kwbmusic wrote:Looks like I'm part of the 2007 starters. Until reading these posts i hadn't realized the amount of time that has passed. Probably keep me going another ten years when I'll be 92!
Keith
> Keith, welcome to our group that I call the Octogenarians, we know who we are .! ! ! :roll:
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

TheatreOrganNo1

PostThu Apr 26, 2018 7:56 pm

2003 here! Waiting for MD to offer an installment plan for the paid versions hehe. :D
Jake C.
Organ Tuner, Shop Assistant at Carlton Smith Pipe Organ Restorations.
Atos-Cicatos
bartonbrass@sbcglobal.net

adri

PostFri May 11, 2018 3:07 am

My first bought sample set, I believe, was the 1-manual Silbermann organ of Rotha. My first setup was a single 49-key MIDI keyboard and a headphone set.

That simple setup changed my world. I was super excited, for even this HW1 technology (not so good to our ears anymore), nevertheless sounded sooooooooo much better than electronic/digital organs.

I was hooked, and still am! And will be until I pass on and get to play in the realm of eternal consciousness.

We have come a long way, as have I. My setup is so much better now.

Truly deepest gratitude goes to Martin Dyde, our HW genius and to Brett Milan for this website/forum and his marketing skills and licensing know-how. And his sampling "wasn't bad either" (it's good!); but it's too bad he seems too busy to introduce something new to us. But I still enjoy his pair of Metz C-Colls and the inspiring Kampen.

Congrats to both of you, and may we have a prosperous future!!!

Your accomplishments have made a long held dream to play real organs virtually come true.

This is simply fantastic!

TheOrganDoc

PostFri May 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Hello Adri,
My MeliTzer was playing", years before HW became available, I joined the Forum 14 Years ago.

My original Pipe,
Keyboards, and Pedal-Board, are now 94 Years Young, But the only resemblance to the original are the visible areas ! I resurfaced the Console Shell, Keys and Pedals, and installed and connected 88 SAM's.
A few years later "after mucho trouble with the old, silver Key Contacts", I designed New Contact Rails using infra-red, Optical Switching devices, and installed them under all my (made in 1925 Keys), and all of my pedals "It is amazing how positive the touch feels when playing" and there are no contacts or rubber bubbles to wear out ! I also removed the original 2 Pistons per keyboard and installed 23 new ones. I really enjoy playing my (almost Pipe Organ) ! I am in hope that new TO sample sets will soon approach the realism of the many Classical Sample Sets available !
I have truly enjoyed reading all of your posts here on the forum, My very Best wishes to You, Adri !

adri wrote:My first bought sample set, I believe, was the 1-manual Silbermann organ of Rotha. My first setup was a single 49-key MIDI keyboard and a headphone set.

That simple setup changed my world. I was super excited, for even this HW1 technology (not so good to our ears anymore), nevertheless sounded sooooooooo much better than electronic/digital organs.

I was hooked, and still am! And will be until I pass on and get to play in the realm of eternal consciousness.

We have come a long way, as have I. My setup is so much better now.

Truly deepest gratitude goes to Martin Dyde, our HW genius and to Brett Milan for this website/forum and his marketing skills and licensing know-how. And his sampling "wasn't bad either" (it's good!); but it's too bad he seems too busy to introduce something new to us. But I still enjoy his pair of Metz C-Colls and the inspiring Kampen.

Congrats to both of you, and may we have a prosperous future!!!

Your accomplishments have made a long held dream to play real organs virtually come true.

This is simply fantastic!

Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............
Previous

Return to General discussion