It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:05 pm

Computing needs for sampling World's Largest Organ

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

engrssc

Re: Computing needs for sampling World's Largest Organ

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Organorak wrote:I'm pleased to see that it's being restored at last and it has some unique sounds. But I still think I'd prefer the Armley sample set!

With you on that. :) And Marc talked me into buying that one. 8)

Kinda like everything works with everything else. I haven't found a combination yet that doesn't work. Can't say that's true of all sample sets and undoubtedly the same is true of the organ that the sample set came from.

Rgds,
Ed

TheOrganDoc

Re: Computing needs for sampling World's Largest Organ

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 7:29 pm

I would say that there are many (similar ranks), that would allow sampling say 30 Ranks of say violins, 30 ranks of celest's, etc. that were installed in that organ, in order to get sufficient power in A C's Enormous Hall, That alone would provide similar sound quality's as sampled, and the solo ranks would be sampled separately ! ( Say the 100 Inch WP, Tuba Stop, etc. ) ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

organtechnology wrote:
engrssc wrote:And if it were ever sampled, what size computer (or computers) would be needed to play it? Well beyond my capacity. IMHO, something this large is best left as is, where is. Nothing electronic could begin to capture the essence. :roll:

Rgd,
Ed

If my calculation are close a 12 core Xeon rig with 128GB of fast RAM should do it.
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............
Previous

Return to General discussion