It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am

Limiting Volume Control

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

TheOrganDoc

Re: Limiting Volume Control

PostSun Sep 23, 2018 6:58 pm

If you have an extra audio output channel, you can send the desired Rank to the extra audio channel and connect a volume Pot to that audio output jack and then on to its amp + speaker. That would allow you to adjust the maximum output for that rank,then you can turn up that ranks amplifier, to make up the difference ! ! ! :roll:
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

Antoni Scott

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 1:27 pm

I am not attempting to control one stop or even and entire organ, just a division that was sampled as an expressive division such as the Swell. When the box is fully closed, the volume is too quiet. I just want to make the fully closed position on my console balanced swell pedal to be louder. After reading all of the comments, it seems that what I am asking for cannot be done, at least not by electronic adjustments. This really surprises me. Perhaps this is something that could be looked into in an enhancement.

RaymondList

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 pm

If you have a swell shoe designated for that division only, fabricate a block of wood or something like that and fit it under the swell shoe to prevent full closure of the box. Simple is sometimes best.
Ray

organsRgreat

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 2:14 pm

In the voicing menu there's an adjustment for “Swell boxes: amplitude (dB)”. Does the mean one can adjust the degree to which the swell box affects each rank? If so, would that achieve the aim of making the stops in question less affected by the swell pedal?

engrssc

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Antoni Scott wrote:After reading all of the comments, it seems that what I am asking for cannot be done, at least not by electronic adjustments.

Have you contacted Jake? Jake is forum user 'subbass32' My guess is he can do what you want.

Use the following email address (where [at] and [dot] of course needs to be substituted with "@" and "." respectively): customhworgans[at]gmail[dot]com

Rgds,
Ed

TheOrganDoc

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 8:01 pm

"YES" The "Swell Boxes Amplitude" level adjustment will do what you want ! ! !"
(I have been using them for years)Mel

organsRgreat wrote:In the voicing menu there's an adjustment for “Swell boxes: amplitude (dB)”. Does the mean one can adjust the degree to which the swell box affects each rank? If so, would that achieve the aim of making the stops in question less affected by the swell pedal?
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............
Previous

Return to General discussion