It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 am

Advanced Private HW License and a couple of Sample Sets

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

kiaya611

Advanced Private HW License and a couple of Sample Sets

PostSat Oct 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Hello,

I am finally going to get the Advanced Private HW License and a couple of sample sets. From watching things for that past couple of years, it seem that there are ways of doing this that are more economical than to just go an put everything in a cart and buy it (i.e. upgrading). I know I want the Paramount 450 and 341 and to get the 450, you need the free310, paid fir 3230, 332 and 450. With each subsequent purchase, the upgrade price drops, so adding the 341 after getting the 450 is $99.00. Can anyone tell me the most economical way to go about reaching the goal of getting the Advanced License and everything necessary to end up with the Paramount 450 and 341? Also, since we are getting near the holiday season, does anyone know of any sales that will be occurring during that time? I work from a disability income, so I am trying to stretch my funds as far as possible and get what I am interested in getting. Thank you for your help. Steven

Gerryo

Re: Advanced Private HW License and a couple of Sample Sets

PostSun Oct 28, 2018 9:03 am

If you are willing to be patient, generally there are holiday sales. It is difficult to predict what will happen, as Milan just concluded an extended sale during the summer, but if it were me I’d hang tight for a bit and see what happens.

magnaton

PostSun Oct 28, 2018 9:18 am

The Paramount Organ Works 'main' series of instruments (3/10, 3/20 3/32, & 4/50) are accumulative ranks from the previous model. Their products are smartly designed so that you can easily upgrade without loosing an investment in the smaller version. The 3/41 is a stand alone organ model. Pricing is designed to sell this set at a discount based on your previous purchase. If you haven't done so, try the Paramount 3/10 with the HW Eval version to get to know this sample set. I'd recommend purchasing the 3/20 or 3/32 first and become familiar with it. You'd may be surprised how much musically these sets can accomplish! Checkout the many Contrebombarde or Youtube uploads. From there you can move up or over (to the 3/41). BTW, the tuned percussion compasses are expanded in all versions from the free 3/10.

The Winter sale that usually happens in December, is a good time to purchase as you can get 15% off a HW license.

Danny B.

kiaya611

PostSun Oct 28, 2018 10:37 am

OK, I can certainly wait and I have had the free version of HW with the Anne Mosley set and also the 3/10 set. I have seen where you can get a 15% discount on the HW advanced license,m sometimes when purchasing a sample set with it and sometimes in a sale scenario. If your end goal is the 450 + the 341, I would think there would be a price that already breaks down every that would normally be considered an upgrade, instead of effectively buying the one at a time, every 10 minutes or however long it takes for their system to realize that you do have the needed previous versions to get the upgraded pricing. Maybe I saw that on the Paramount Organ Works page..I'll check there and see...It might have been something I saw in the early times of the product where you could just buy the 450 and the other discounts were already applied. I just don't remember. Thanks, Steven

Return to General discussion