It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm

Where to download drivers?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

BLF

Where to download drivers?

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 2:12 am

Hi all - when installing into a new system,
Do all the drivers ( i. e. hauptwerk usb, nord c2d,  m audio drivers for midi interface, x keys etc.) need to be on the same harddrive as the OS? 

I will have 4 SSD'S and 1 conventional (prob where OS will be)

csw900

Re: Where to download drivers?

PostMon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 am

Hi BLF

I am not at all sure that you can control the location where a driver gets installed. In my experience the installer automatically puts drivers on to the same drive as the operating system. I would be interested to find out if I am wrong.

csw900

robindch

PostWed Dec 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Typically, most lightweight drivers will figure out where to install their files themselves and there's no user intervention. Where the driver has non-trivial bits of user interface (like in the RME Fireface driver), then the driver installer might ask you to say where you want this stuff installed. That said, most sound-related drivers aren't too big even with this stuff included, so installing them to an SSD shouldn't cramp anybody's style. Please also be aware that some software, and drivers would be no exception, does expect to be installed on the main system drive and may not work properly if it's not.

BLF

PostThu Dec 20, 2018 6:41 am

Thanks for all the thoughts/replies - I ended up just letting them go to the suggested locations and it's working like a charm.

Return to General discussion