It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 am

HW key on USB hub // HW and CMK on USB C port

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

fermata

HW key on USB hub // HW and CMK on USB C port

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Three questions:

(1) Will the Hauptwerk key work on a USB hub which is accommodating keyboard and rocker tab USB connections as well?

(2) Will the current Hauptwerk key (USB 3) work on an adapter going into a Mac's USB C thunderbolt port?

(3) Will the CMK keyboards and rocker tabs work on a USB adapter connecting to a Mac's thunderbolt port?

RaymondList

Re: HW key on USB hub // HW and CMK on USB C port

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 6:16 pm

I run the Hauptwerk key on an OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock. Also connected to that dock are two Launchpads and my Motu Ultralite which is handling audio and midi. So, everything is running through my OWC dock hooked to a Thunderbolt 3 port. No issues.
Ray

fermata

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 am

Thanks for your reply, Ray. I'd like to avoid overkill for my needs with the OWC unit you have. But it is reassuring that it works! I'll continue looking for a simpler solution.

RaymondList

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 9:37 am

Yes, I understand. I didn't mention that I also have a couple of large drives connected to the OWC dock, including an older FireWire 800 drive. Also, the OWC dock, despite what OWC says, supplies power to my MacBook Pro and keeps the battery at 100%! So it is doing quite a lot for me. I've even had backups automatically run accidentally while playing, and my machine didn't skip a beat (sorry for the pun!). Thunderbolt 3 can handle a LOT!
Ray

Return to General discussion