It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am

Create console layouts with Master Couplers & Combinations

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

organassist

Create console layouts with Master Couplers & Combinations

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 8:46 am

I have posted this in the General forum as it relates to touch screens (but is not hardware) and also relates to the CODM, but is about NOT using it. Possibly this may be of wider interest.

In the thread “Please dream with me for a moment…” (in Hauptwerk Instruments) StephenM suggests including a “standard” layout for all consoles. Whilst this is not available in Hauptwerk, the latest beta test version of OrganAssist (3.1.20) enables you to easily create your own console layouts, to whatever standard you prefer, including expanding the instrument with master couplers / combinations / stepper as a seamless part of the design. This can then be used as a fullscreen interface to control a Hauptwerk organ.

To illustrate how this can be done I have uploaded a video to YouTube - https://youtu.be/rma-NJKWu5M

In this video I modify the St Johns Cantius organ and create a draw-stop console layout, in the British style, complete with additional Octave Couplers, General and Divisional Combinations and a Stepper, by using the built in features of Hauptwerk. Starting from the existing layout for St Johns Cantius, included with OrganAssist, this took me less than 30 minutes to create.

NOTE - These features require the latest beta test version of OrganAssist, currently 3.1.20. This will run on all versions of Windows and the macOS app is now built using a later version of WINE than earlier versions. While this does resolve some existing problems on macOS, it unfortunately means it will only run on High Sierra and Mojave. I will investigate if it is possible to provide support for El Capitan and Sierra, but this will require further work.

OrganAssist is free to use and can be downloaded from the Beta Test page at https://www.organassist.com

jrball

Re: Create console layouts with Master Couplers & Combinatio

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 8:49 am

Video is private, cannot view.

organassist

Re: Create console layouts with Master Couplers & Combinatio

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 am

Sorry - will fix that immediately....been a busy day! [Done]

Return to General discussion