It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

V Is almost here - We really do understand

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

engrssc

V Is almost here - We really do understand

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 12:45 pm

I think it safe to say,many of us have been in the same position, even with the best of plans.Thanks for the update, Michelle.

Rgds,
\Ed

Romanos

Re: V Is almost here - We really do understand

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 12:49 pm

If nothing else I’m grateful to know it won’t be today. Takes some of the stress of waiting away for the day. I dare say we’ve also all experienced technical difficulties a time or two(hundred).

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Thank you so much for understanding. I will make sure to keep you updated as I learn more. And thank you to those who have emailed their support.

It really means a lot!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

sonar11

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 4:54 pm

Take your time, we're not kids :) Much more important to "get it right" than meet some arbitrary dead line.

MPiercey

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Seeing as there is this delay, would it be possible for the new users manual to be made available for download. It should be a fairly small file, which should not impact the server, and would allow us to start getting familiar with the new features.

Thanks.
Mel Piercey

James

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 6:00 pm

it would also be nice to know what the pricing is.
James

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 7:37 pm

Seeing as there is this delay, would it be possible for the new users manual to be made available for download. It should be a fairly small file, which should not impact the server, and would allow us to start getting familiar with the new features.

Thanks.
Mel Piercey

Mel,

I just posted the Prerequisite and Tech Background Document in Announcement section. The user manual is 200+ pages and will be out with the release.

Hope these docs help!
Thanks,
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

OrganoPleno

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 7:56 pm

M. Qualley wrote:I just posted the Prerequisite and Tech Background Document in Announcement section. The user manual is 200+ pages and will be out with the release.

Hello, Michelle! Thanks so much for this. It is a big help!

Best wishes with your Server issues. Agreed, very important to get it right, for full confidence once everything is ready to proceed.

-- OrganoPleno

david515mi

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Thanks for the technical postings. They’re very, very helpful!

David

Morse

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 8:29 pm

As some of you know, I had become very pessimistic about the future of Hauptwerk. As one of the first 100 users, I am very committed to the software and the brilliance of Martin Dyde. I am elated, in the last few days, with the news that Haupwerk is alive and well. Add me to the list of users that "can't wait" for the next version. Bravo Martin! ( and Brett). Take your time, and do it right.
Al Morse

engrssc

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Bravo to the cautious and maybe slightly pessimistic Hauptwerk folks who are "coming around". No doubt your faith and loyalty :D will be rewarded. As well, it's impressive to realize the forward thinking to plan the use of a high speed/capacity server. The glitches should and can be overlooked. 8) Another friend used to refer to such as a hitch in the git-a-long.

Per Michelle's message regarding releasing V5 on 11/29, and per my previous prediction,

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17807&p=133326&hilit=black+friday+release#p133326

I'm completely sure that "our" positiveness re Hauptwerk was and is going in the right direction, :)

Rgds,
Ed

sokrat

PostSun Dec 01, 2019 3:59 am

I don't care if the HWV is available in November or a few days later. It seems important to me that HWV reaches the quality standard of HW4. Let's give Martin Dyde the time he needs to reach this goal. With the many questions and wishes he is currently facing, we are taking Martin a lot of time that he could better use to develop and implement HWV. Let's give Martin the time to do his job in the best possible way and without stress. We all know he does an excellent job. What if Martin can no longer do his job for health reasons? A thought that has been on my mind for some time now. I would like to thank Martin and the HW team for their commitment and wish them good health and success.

sokrat

engrssc

PostSun Dec 01, 2019 4:09 am

FYI, Martin's work wasn't the reason for the delay, but rather a third party, high capacity, high speed server that was planned to be used for the V 5 product launch. See:

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17849

Rgds,
Ed

jcrowley

PostSun Dec 01, 2019 1:13 pm

I absolutely can wait - since the only thing that did not go well with my new console is that the security key became vertutst! So I will wait until new release of V.

I honestly do not know how the product can be made better - but the list of new features is astounding.

Many years I worked in support with a point-of-sale company in NYC. The product was so diverse and robust that we dreaded a new version appearing every couple of weeks. Especially in Double DOS days.
The product was used by Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, Schools, Delivery joints and with every upgrade "someone" got broken, mainly because each installation was unique and fixing something in one area, would inevitably produce a problem somewhere else and often "highly irate" customers.

I am happy to sit back and enjoy the version change whenever it is available.

Return to General discussion