It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:37 am

Post web site and forum errors HERE ONLY

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

kunzuilh

Re: Post web site and forum errors HERE ONLY

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 12:41 am

RaymondList wrote:Yes you can. It just works a little differently. It is the little red arrow under the 'Last Post' column.

It works perfectly! Thank you very much!

Regards.
Gonzalo.

MPiercey

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 1:19 am

In order to get to this forum the menu links to 'https://forum.hauptwerk.com/', but it was always giving an error (https://forum.hauptwerk.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi). In order to get here I had to use 'www.forum.hauptwerk.com/'

Regards,
Mel Piercey

va3ets

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 1:39 am

In trying to download the installation and user guide for Hauptwerk Version 5.0, I'm getting an error page that says the following. I'm on the latest Safari browser here. Safari can’t open the page. The error is: “The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303.)” (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork:303). Thanks. Dan

josq

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 3:48 am

At the checkout page there is no official link to a website where you can register an iLok account. Is iLok.com the correct place? That website keeps crashing on my Android phone.

smfrank

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 4:04 am

B. Milan wrote:The servers are getting slammed right now with everyone trying to download Hauptwerk V. For now the best option is to simply try again at a later time. We will aim to get the installers hosted on another server as well to hopefully alleviate the strain on the server.

And nobody saw this coming?
I got to 99% and it stopped.
Been trying all night to resurrect it.
Sample set vendors, too. Nothing but overload.
The only one who seemed prepared was Csaba!
Steve
Steven Frank

jwillans

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 4:06 am

B. Milan wrote:
mmayse wrote:I started my download earlier this evening and got within 15 or so minutes of being complete and it stopped with an error "unknown network error." I've been trying to restart (even getting a new email link) and it's still giving me the same error. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Max

Hello Max!

The servers are getting slammed right now with everyone trying to download Hauptwerk V. For now the best option is to simply try again at a later time. We will aim to get the installers hosted on another server as well to hopefully alleviate the strain on the server.

You should consider using cloud hosting. AWS and Azure would dynamically be able to scale to deal with peaks and troughs of demand.

evertjan

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 4:34 am

Download HW5 is impossible with Firefox and browsers, based on Firefox code (like Torbrowser, Waterfox, etc)
See picture

With Chrome I have downloaded HW5 now.

But what is the MD5 checksum? Please add this to the download page.

Other faults:
- The advanced search on the forum doesn't work is only the term for the search is filled in.
- being on the forum, you cannot back to http://www.hauptwerk.com if you are not logged in. In the old forum this was possible. Use the logo to add the link to the website.

IanPounder

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 4:50 am

Documentation and Hauptwerk V downloads are all arriving as 1KB files (pdf /exe), which of course won't run.
I've tried Chrome and Edge browsers. Is it just a case of try again later?

Regards
Ian

ReinerS

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 5:19 am

IanPounder wrote:Documentation and Hauptwerk V downloads are all arriving as 1KB files (pdf /exe), which of course won't run.
I've tried Chrome and Edge browsers. Is it just a case of try again later?

Regards
Ian

Seems like none of the documentation links on the website are working (at least not at the time of this posting!), always says "source file not readable".
Tried Edge and Firefox.

Guess something that should be checked and fixed urgently.

kaspencer

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 5:33 am

A quick report of a possible forum error:

I noted that I couldn't see a "Login" (nor a "Logout") button when I visited the forum after receiving my mailed discount offer for the upgrade. And so I was wonering how I'd get to report the error, as I would need to be logged in! I also noted that there was neither a "Home" button, nor any of the other navigational buttons present either.

However, when I clicked on the "Post Reply" button to this thread, I was rewarded with the usual login screen. So, I thought, maybe that is the intention - "Login on Demand" !

Then - after I had logged in I noted that a Tab Bar with "Home" and all the rest of the buttons, suddenly appeared. This could all be intentional, but as a web designer myself, I would usually expect to have navigation and login buttons visible without having to attempt to reply to a forum thread.

Anyway thanks for the discount offer.

Kenneth Spencer
Kenneth Spencer
Music Site: http://www.my-music.mywire.org
Project Page: http://www.my-music.mywire.org/opus_ii.htm
Books on Hauptwerk and Computing; Novation Launchpad overlays: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/kaspencer
YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/kaspenceruk

mdyde

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 5:50 am

To those getting problems downloading the Hauptwerk installers and/or documentation, probably the issue is that the server is overloaded at the moment: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17833&p=134390#p134390

Our apologies for that.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

smfrank

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 6:24 am

mdyde wrote:Since v5 has just been released, the download server is likely to be extremely busy at the moment. It will probably have a limit for the maximum number of simultaneous downloads that it allows. Hence some patience might be required when downloading; our apologies for that. Waiting a few days, and/or downloading at an off-peak time (e.g. overnight) might help.
This is stunning.
Such useless language:
"likely, probably, patience, waiting a few days, off-peak times"
Did you guys not have a clue?
All your customers that have built up over a decade or more, and you have no plan?
And this is after the week and a half delay.
I am disgusted at this point.
Steven Frank

mdyde

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 6:54 am

Hello smfrank,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling frustrated. I can't do anything about the server issues myself right now, beyond letting Brett and Michelle know when the U.S. day starts, and passing on information as I have it, and apologising again on the company's behalf for the inconvenience in the meantime.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

pwhodges

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 6:58 am

The "Home" menu link at the top of the forum goes to the test site (www.hauptwerk.co) instead of the real site (www.hauptwerk.com). Obviously the login on there isn't functional, but it doesn't give an error message and it's very frustrating until you find out what's going on.

Paul

pwhodges

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 7:01 am

RaymondList wrote:Yes you can. It just works a little differently. It is the little red arrow under the 'Last Post' column.

That goes to the last post, not the first unread post, which is quite different. I run forums, some using the same system (phpBB), and so I know that the icon to the left of the thread listing should do that - it's failing to, even though the mouse-over text says it does.

Paul
PreviousNext

Return to General discussion