It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am

Post web site and forum errors HERE ONLY

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

M. Qualley

Site Admin

Post web site and forum errors HERE ONLY

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 8:46 am

As we roll out the new site, forum, and licensing platform we know there are going to be some things we need to correct.

If you see something please post it under this discussion and we will do our best to take care of things as quickly as possible.

Thank you!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

engrssc

Re: Post web site and forum errors HERE ONLY

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 9:57 am

I'm finding pages such as Listen not yet working which you probably know and are in the process of adding. That said, the overall roll out can be considered very successful. :) Very impressed. Many thanks.

A little surprised at the relatively small amount of traffic so far.

Rgds,
Ed

smfrank

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:14 am

The old site had " View unread posts" on every screen.
Now we must go back to the board index.
Minor, but it was useful.
Steve
Steven Frank

mnailor

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 am

smfrank wrote:The old site had " View unread posts" on every screen.
Now we must go back to the board index.
Minor, but it was useful.
Steve

And "View active topics" on every forum page was useful. Thanks.

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:27 am

I'm finding pages such as Listen not yet working which you probably know and are in the process of adding. That said, the overall roll out can be considered very successful. :) Very impressed. Many thanks.

Ed,

Can you tell me what web browser you are using. Listen is working on our end. I assume you are clicking photos :)

Thanks!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Tweedle_Dee

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:31 am

M. Qualley wrote:

Ed,

Can you tell me what web browser you are using. Listen is working on our end. I assume you are clicking photos :)

Thanks!
Michelle

FYI: "Listen" is working for me just fine. I'm using Microsoft Edge.

csw900

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:44 am

Using Chrome on Windows.

As Clicked from the Home Page:

"Listen" does not work and "Introductory Video" does not work.

Using Edge - also neither are working.

As clicked from the dropdown menu using Edge "Listen" does work.

csw900
Last edited by csw900 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

sclg

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:44 am

'Listen' working fine here in Firefox.
Steve

sonar11

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:56 am

I don't see any option to "jump to first unread message". That was present in the previous site, but now I have to find my own way back to messages that I haven't seen yet in a specific thread.

gary.chapman

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:58 am

I'm very skeptical that username / passwords are working on http://www.hauptwerk.com -- not the forum, but the
web site/store. I have a different username/password for the forum, and these forum credentials work fine...
But I never had a problem logging into the web site/store previously. Also, I don't want to create a "new account" if possibly my inability to log in might be a temporary problem. Is there evidence of other users successfully logging in to ww.hauptwerk.com with their pre-existing credentials?

sclg

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 11:06 am

gary.chapman wrote:I'm very skeptical that username / passwords are working on http://www.hauptwerk.com -- not the forum, but the
web site/store. I have a different username/password for the forum, and these forum credentials work fine...
But I never had a problem logging into the web site/store previously. Also, I don't want to create a "new account" if possibly my inability to log in might be a temporary problem. Is there evidence of other users successfully logging in to ww.hauptwerk.com with their pre-existing credentials?

Gary - a few hours ago, the website (not forum) wouldn't recognise either my username or email. A little while ago, it decided that my email DID exist but didn't like my password. However the 'forgotten password' link worked fine and I now have a new password and can login with my original email.
Obviously none of my purchases are listed but I'm sure that can be sorted. It's at least 10 years since I bought HW!

Hopefully yours will work soon. Try the forgotten password route.

Steve

engrssc

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 11:29 am

M. Qualley wrote:Ed,

\

Google Chrome

Rgds,
Ed

gary.chapman

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 1:22 pm

sclg wrote:
gary.chapman wrote:I'm very skeptical that username / passwords are working on http://www.hauptwerk.com -- not the forum, but the

Gary - a few hours ago, the website (not forum) wouldn't recognise either my username or email. A little while ago, it decided that my email DID exist but didn't like my password. However the 'forgotten password' link worked fine and I now have a new password and can login with my original email.
Obviously none of my purchases are listed but I'm sure that can be sorted. It's at least 10 years since I bought HW!

Hopefully yours will work soon. Try the forgotten password route.

Steve

Unfortunately I get "There is no user registered with that email address." when attempting to get a new password. Having received my upgrade to Advanced less than 4 months ago, this is silly. If I am unable to (a) login or (b) get a new password, I conclude that this surely affects (many?) others.

OrganoPleno

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 1:30 pm

gary.chapman wrote:Unfortunately I get "There is no user registered with that email address." when attempting to get a new password.

Using Firefox on WIndows, I can't even find where anybody COULD log in. Although I saw it last night, before the Website went down again. (at that time it asked only for a Password, NOT for a user name. Most unusual.)

Then again, why would we need to / want to register and log-in anyway?

To summarize: Where is it? How does it work? and What is it for?

mdyde

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Hello OrganoPleno,

On the main Hauptwerk website (as opposed to this forum, which I think is a sub-site, without the main site's navigation menus at the top yet):

https://www.hauptwerk.com/

... you need to dismiss the 'store is closed' message that's currently (temporarily) present at the top, and then use the 'My account' drop-down menu at the very top-right of the screen to log in. You would need to have an account on the website in order actually to buy anything from the shop (when available).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.
Next

Return to General discussion