It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

Support with V5

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

jwillans

Support with V5

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 am

Congratulations to the team for delivering HWV and great to see Martin back on the forum supporting the community. I'm undecided about upgrading - on one hand I want to support the development and continuity of HW and see the cost of upgrading a small price to pay for the immense value I get from HW; on the other hand there are no key features I need in this release and I am disappointed with the way the release has been handled. It may be a moot point because I've not received a coupon code!

I am interested to understand more about the following statements in the release notes:

Technical support is now available from Milan Digital Audio via Hauptwerk Technical Support Incidents
raised via our website support ticket only. If your Hauptwerk v5 license (or license upgrade) is purchased
from Milan Digital Audio directly (not via a reseller), then some free support incidents are included, as
follows. To receive support from Milan Digital Audio in other cases a Hauptwerk Technical Support
Incident, or support plan, needs to be purchased from Milan Digital Audio. For further details please see
the Hauptwerk license agreement on our website (or on the Help menu in this version of Hauptwerk), and
Hauptwerk Technical Support Incident and support plan pricing on our website:

o Hauptwerk Advanced Edition v5-specific perpetual licenses/upgrades: at most 4 free support
incidents within the first 90 days from the date of license (or license upgrade) purchase.
o Hauptwerk Advanced Edition subscription licenses/upgrades: at most 4 free support incidents
within the first 90 days from the date of first purchase in the first year, and at most 2 free
support incidents within the first 90 days of each subsequent renewed year.
o Hauptwerk Lite Edition subscription licenses/upgrades: at most 1 free support incident within the
first 90 days from the date of first purchase in the first year (and none in subsequent renewed
years).

Am I correct in understanding the following points:
  • HWV product comes with no support unless bought directly from MDA and not resellers?
  • Support is no longer given by representatives of MDA on the forum?
  • That support is capped to 4 tickets irrespective of whether the software or user is at fault?

M. Qualley

Site Admin

Re: Support with V5

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Am I correct in understanding the following points:
1. HWV product comes with no support unless bought directly from MDA and not resellers?
2. Support is no longer given by representatives of MDA on the forum?
3. That support is capped to 4 tickets irrespective of whether the software or user is at fault?

1. Free support does not come with licenses bought through a reseller. The reseller is qualified to help you and they are aware of their obligation to support their sales. However, you can always buy a support ticket from MDA.

2. No this is not true. MDA will continue to give support on the forum. There is a new Support Manager that will be involved in the forum as well as others on the MDA team. MDA will continue to address and post known answers and solutions to issues.

3. If we find a bug and it is our fault we will not take it off your allotted support tickets. You can always buy more support. The support ticket system is designed to eliminate basic questions that are covered extensively in the forum so that the support team can focus on the customers who need one on one help.

Hope this helps!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Jwilliams...

I am sorry to hear you did not receive your coupon code.

You can email us at upgrades@hauptwerk.com.

I hope you will join us in upgrading.

Thanks!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

murph

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Much as I sympathise with you, currently the only competent person there is Martin.
Bret is off in wherever he's been lost for the last 2-4 years. Let us know when he gets over it.
No offence, but you are clueless about the product and the clients. Jumping in at at the deep end has actually SEVERELY hurt the brand. Being quiet, watching and and learning would have been a much better approach, but, self-absorbed marketing people very rarely do that before destroying a brand.

Cory's disappearance seems to have precipitated this.....

mwdiers

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 7:29 pm

murph wrote:Much as I sympathise with you, currently the only competent person there is Martin.
Bret is off in wherever he's been lost for the last 2-4 years. Let us know when he gets over it.
No offence, but you are clueless about the product and the clients. Jumping in at at the deep end has actually SEVERELY hurt the brand. Being quiet, watching and and learning would have been a much better approach, but, self-absorbed marketing people very rarely do that before destroying a brand.

Seriously?! Pot, meet kettle. Project much? Self-absorbed indeed!

Michelle, keep up the good work, and ignore the — ahem — self-absorbed persons. There are only a few of them, however vocal they may be.
Last edited by mwdiers on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jkinkennon

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Totally agree that Michelle is making a positive contribution on this site and is a real help in clarifying a lot of the confusion about HW V. Not excusing the glitches in the rollout but problems can be resolved easier when we communicate rationally with the understanding that we are not opponents but are on the same team.

On long late night weekend system upgrades I was frequently heard to mutter "If this were easy anyone could do it."

tocata

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 7:51 pm

I also wanted to say I have nothing bad to say regarding Michelle‘s contributions nor choice of words. I have been part only a short few days but Michelle seems helpful and willing to do her part in order to help out.

SMann

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Much as I sympathise with you, currently the only competent person there is Martin.

Wow! Just Wow...

I especially was struck by, "No offence, but your are......"

Your entire post was very rude and offensive. I think an apology on your part is in order. Our discourse, even though it is heated right now doesn't need to sink to this level.

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Thank you!!!

I know I am not technically savvy but I know how to find the answers for you all.

It is hard to be attacked and not get a little saddened in the process.

I appreciate it more than you know!

Thank you,
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

murph

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 8:30 pm

I'm sorry if that seemed harsh, it wasn't meant that way.
A lot of the confusion/frustration has been from your answers/announcements that didn't really answer the questions that were asked, just the marketing blurb.
Having Martin do them/answer the initial panics would have fixed most of the initial problems, apart from whoever was trying to test/fix the website.
They should be fired, if that hasn't already happened.

I know you were trying your best.
We all do.
You should not have been thrown in at the deep end the way you were.
Unfortunately, it happened.

However, there is a lot of damage to be fixed now.
Extending the intro price, so people have time to evaluate things would go a long way to fixing things.
I've already paid for the upgrade, so I don't care, but I'd like to be able to buy the next upgrade, if the company is still there.

engrssc

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 9:50 pm

M. Qualley wrote:I know I am not technically savvy but I know how to find the answers for you all.

From some of the comments I've heard, I think it safe to say, on behalf of a majority here, Michelle, you have been excellent at finding answers for us, that's been proven. So we do thank you and appreciate your efforts. I'm sure to re-coin an old phrase, that this (situation) too, will pass. We are with you. Much of this "stuff" isn't per the book but more the job training. Maybe someday you can write a book about what you have had to learn in a very short time.. :wink:

Rgds,
Ed

Gerryo

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 9:58 pm

Murph

That is about as tacky and classless as I have ever seen here. Definitely not gentlemanly

In my opinion, you owe her an apology

JRP

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Totally agree with above sentiments. Michelle - welcome to the HW Community and we look forward to your upbeat communications!

jwillans

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 am

M. Qualley wrote:I am sorry to hear you did not receive your coupon code.

You can email us at upgrades@hauptwerk.com.

I hope you will join us in upgrading.

Hi Michelle - Discount code received - many thanks and I will absolutely be upgrading. The price is a drop in the ocean compared to the value I get from HW and I am delighted to be supporting the product.

May I also say how sorry I am that a thread I started should be the forum for a personal and unwarranted attack. There are many lessons to learn from HWV launch, but your involvement in the forum is a real positive. Alongside Martin's continued magic in building the product, and hopefully continuing to engage with the community, we know we are in good hands.

My gentle nudge to Brett would be to consider being closer to the community, HW is not a corporate and sometimes showing humility and personal engagement can calm the waters. I believe we all need each other for the continued success of HW.

RichardW

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 1:03 pm

jwillans wrote:My gentle nudge to Brett would be to consider being closer to the community, HW is not a corporate and sometimes showing humility and personal engagement can calm the waters. I believe we all need each other for the continued success of HW.

+1

Regards,
Richard
Next

Return to General discussion