It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 7:28 pm

I lost my trust in MDA

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

sonar11

Re: I lost my trust in MDA

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 12:45 pm

Jan Loosman wrote:This discusion has run its course long time ago.
Please stop! Or buy yourself a nice Johannus organ.

Jan

You're welcome to leave the thread Jan.

sonar11

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 12:48 pm

josq wrote:
sonar11 wrote:* MDA, who decided to switch from HASP dongles to iLoks for HW5, which, apparently, in the above context has been a highly immoral act..

Don't intentionally misquote me, or state my argument differently then I have stated.

I said: retroactively disabling HW4 features is ilegal/immoral (which it is; in my country that is ilegal). I said nothing about switching to iloks for HW5, which is a completely separate thing and something that I fully support. They have no choice, I do not blame them for that at all.

mdyde

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Hello sonar11,

Buying and selling used sample sets is not, and never has been a 'feature of Hauptwerk'. Not a single line of code in Hauptwerk is related to that, and there is nothing in its documentation related to it.

Facilitating transfer of individual sample sets between users was a separate service that MDA offered in later years (but not originally), which it no longer offers. However, you can still buy/sell/transfer any used Hauptwerk v4 dongle as a whole, including the sample sets that are on it. Alternatively, you could upgrade to v5+ in which case you have the ability to transfer any licences yourself individually, via PACE's system.

I'm locking this thread now, since I think your last two replies to other forum users are going rather beyond what is acceptable behaviour. This is a meant to be a polite and friendly forum. Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.
Previous

Return to General discussion