It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:49 pm

Taking a quick step back...

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Alte_neume

Taking a quick step back...

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 6:43 am

One of the most appealing features of HW for me has been the presence of a dedicated forum community. If it weren’t for the thousands of pages of useful content on this site provided by dedicated users (likely the very same who may skim this), I would have never taken the plunge and invested in my home VPO. I’m not “techy” at all and would never have had the guts to do it for fear of not understanding the hardware/software/audio logistics. Having my own HW organ has definably improved my quality of life and as I have no church instrument for primary use, has given my playing new life again.

In that context, it is somewhat out of character for me to presume to contribute to a forum topic upon which so much has already been written. That said I couldn’t shake that notion that something else remains to be said. Our community is in no short supply of passion - for music, art, innovation, excellence, & certainly quality. Even as a child I remember people telling me that the organ and organists are a dying breed, yet our perseverance begs to differ. The powerfully worded HWV-related postings reveal this passion and in many ways proves the continued value HW and its community has in our lives.

I recommend for those of us with church/performance responsibilities in the coming weeks to truly focus on making it a great musical effort and (if you are disconcerted or filled with angst regarding the current changes regarding the new HWV) return your attention to this in the New Year. Sometimes briefly stepping back can give a renewed perspective. Certainly we will all know much more in a few weeks with the dust settled, there will be less stress, and the forum will still be here.

Best wishes,
Mark

zurek

Re: Taking a quick step back...

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 7:40 am

(Edit:) Thank you, MDA, for extending the discount on HW5 upgrades.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

Return to General discussion