It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

Expected wait time for version 4.2 license updates?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Pete_K

Expected wait time for version 4.2 license updates?

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 3:58 pm

Is there any new guidance on how long the response time is for getting updates to Hauptwerk 4.2 licenses? The vendor of a sample set I purchased back in 2019 indicated that a license update should be expected within 24 hours of submitting the request, but I'm several days past that time and am starting to wonder if the response to my request got lost somewhere in the Internet.

For what it is worth, I submitted the request via the Hauptwerk website and included my email address, the name of the sample set, the name of the vendor and my order number. The website indicated that the message was received after I clicked the 'submit' button. I've been checking my spam folder as well as my inbox, as a precaution.

At what point should someone re-submit the license update request, or contact Hauptwerk about the status of the request?

Thanks.

seh52

Re: Expected wait time for version 4.2 license updates?

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 1:43 am

I have a similar experience. In the past, these license updates were quick.

fdewitt

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 6:14 pm

I'm still waiting for a dongle update from MDA for an instrument that I purchased in December for version 4.2.

Pete_K

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 12:06 pm

If anyone reading this has received an update to a version 4.2 license this year, it would be useful to hear how long it took from the date of your submission to the date you received the updated license. My concern is that something went wrong at the Hauptwerk website when I submitted the update request, or that the updated license got sidetracked somewhere in the Internet on the way back. (Fairly rare, but it does happen.) The question becomes whether to submit a second update request or to continue waiting for a response to the first request.

Michelle, if you read this, could you let us know about how long the current response time is? Thanks.

dhm

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Pete_K wrote:The question becomes whether to submit a second update request or to continue waiting for a response to the first request.

Sending a reminder/chaser is fine, but do NOT create a new Update Request file - it creates havoc if you do that before applying the update you previously requested. :D
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

organsRgreat

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 1:57 pm

I am in a slightly different situation, in that I have two complete Hauptwerk 4 systems which I run together - so two dongles. Just occasionally I decide that a sample set would be more useful on the other computer/dongle, and in the past MDA has been able to deal with this quickly and efficiently by email.

On 17th October last I emailed MDA with a request to move the Paramount 341 licence from one dongle to the other. There was no response, so I posted a summary on the forum on 19th November:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17747&p=133137#p133137

There has been no response to that post from MDA, and it's now almost three months since my original request. I can only assume that my request keeps failing to reach the appropriate person, so all I can do is keep trying to contact MDA by various routes, until I reach someone who has the knowledge and time to help.

adrianw

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 6:08 pm

There has been no response to that post from MDA, and it's now almost three months since my original request.... I can only assume that my request keeps failing to reach the appropriate person

You are clearly a wonderfully patient and forgiving person. Me? Not so much. I find this frankly shocking. Unacceptable. Literally inexcusable.

Perhaps Milan could reassure us all that he has done the decent thing by you. Belatedly getting round to it would not seem to be nearly enough!

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostMon Jan 13, 2020 6:20 pm

Greetings!

I apologize for the delay on these. I will bring this issue to the team and get this resolved as quickly as possible!!!

I will make special note of each of you on the forum.

Thank you for your patience!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

einer_von_weitem

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 8:46 am

adrianw wrote:
There has been no response to that post from MDA, and it's now almost three months since my original request.... I can only assume that my request keeps failing to reach the appropriate person

You are clearly a wonderfully patient and forgiving person. Me? Not so much. I find this frankly shocking. Unacceptable. Literally inexcusable.

When I was little I learned that if a company wanted to be successful THE CUSTOMER IS (was) KING. The customer is (was) never wrong.

With MDA I keep being surprised how endlessly forgiving customers are of just about everything. Endlessly making allowances. Fondly telling each other how small and vulnerable a company MDA must be, how "we" need to help them to survive, how "we" are such a tiny little niche market, which it seems to be assumed can never grow (much). (Of course no one has any real information or hard facts about any of this.)

MDA customers go willingly along with any imposition (like being practically force-fed a new version of their software that obliges them, even in the best-case scenario where nothing goes wrong, to spend endless hours procuring that ilok device and re-downloading and re-installing their encrypted sample sets) AND PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE.

MDA can do any wrong and create any mess they like and people will simply cut them some (more) slack. Sometimes customers do get a bit annoyed. Some have recently vented anger in this forum from whom I would not have expected it. But most seem to have piped down and become tame again and will docilely do their upgrade.

Of course since MDA is a monopolist we are dependent on them if we want to use the superb software that Hauptwerk is. Still one (I) would expect a lot more gritting of teeth than I can hear.

How wonderful to have such angelic customers!

It occurs to me that with better (or indeed any) marketing the customer base for Hauptwerk might ALREADY be a lot larger than it is now. But perhaps then it would contain a lower percentage of angels!
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

Pete_K

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks for taking care of this, Michelle.

seh52

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 1:02 pm

I received an email from support asking me to submit a license update request to the website, and warning me not to repeat doing so, if I had already done it.

Now, I'm confused, because I already submitted the license update request a week ago, and have had no other response.

What should I do next?

Pete_K

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 3:44 pm

seh52 -

If you have already submitted a licence update request via the form on the website, my impression is that you should wait for that request to be processed and NOT submit a duplicate request. That is what I am doing, anyway. It seems likely that submitting a duplicate request would create confusion and further delay the processing of other requests that are in the queue.

Like you, I've been waiting well over a week for a response to my license update request. It sounds like other people are in the same boat, which makes me think the problem is not just a reply email with a license update that has gone astray. Hopefully Michelle will succeed in getting someone to process these update requests in a timely fashion. Sample set producers might also weigh in, since MDA is acting as their agent for processing licenses.

giwro

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Pete_K wrote:seh52 -

Like you, I've been waiting well over a week for a response to my license update request. It sounds like other people are in the same boat, which makes me think the problem is not just a reply email with a license update that has gone astray. Hopefully Michelle will succeed in getting someone to process these update requests in a timely fashion. Sample set producers might also weigh in, since MDA is acting as their agent for processing licenses.

As of late last night, I've received notification that all of my outstanding requests (as a sample producer) have been processed. So, at least for us, everything is now caught up from the holidays.
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net

M. Qualley

Site Admin

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 4:40 pm

V4 Updates

All V4 updates have been completed through 1.12.2020. If you have submitted a request before this time and have not received your update please submit a request here:
https://www.hauptwerk.com/v4-license-updates/

We will process your request as quickly as possible!

I have reached out to anyone who has posted on the forum topic to be sure you have what you need.

Thank you!
Michelle
Michelle Qualley
Director of Marketing & Business Operations
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Pete_K

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Thanks for the quick action, Michelle. My license update hasn't arrived so I just submitted a new update request. Hopefully it will work this time.
Next

Return to General discussion