It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 am

PM system error

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

ldeutsch

PM system error

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 3:28 pm

It appears that my ability to use Private Messages has broken. I received a notification of a new message a few days ago but I then discovered I had 100 messages in my inbox - which was now considered full. Even though I have now deleted or filed all of those messages, I cannot send or receive PMs. Ironically, I tried to send a PM to the administrator to report this - but it cannot get out of my Out Box!

Hence, I am resorting to the Forum hoping that someone will see this and report the problem for me.

Les

micdev

Site Admin

Re: PM system error

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Les,

As I told you in my reply to your pm, as long as the recipient doesn't open the pm, it will remain in your outbox (even myself forgot about that). :roll: It is not like an email app.

This behavior is normal
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

ldeutsch

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 9:37 am

However, I did not see your reply to my PM (at least for a while) because I was experiencing the problem I was reporting above. My full inbox was blocking new PMs from appearing. However,r the problem rectified itself yesterday - perhaps correlated with your actions?

My comment about the outbox was only a justification for me using the public forum to report the problem. However, I do not understand why we have both an Out box and a Sent box if they do not work the way they do in most email systems. I really don't care - but it is good to know how they are supposed to work so we can tell when they are not working.

In any case, I was able to read your replay late yesterday, as well as the other PM that had been blocked from appearing.

All appears correct now. Thank you.

Les

mdyde

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 9:55 am

Hello Les,

ldeutsch wrote:However, I do not understand why we have both an Out box and a Sent box if they do not work the way they do in most email systems.

It is indeed rather unconventional, but it's the just the way the forum software (which is a standard forum platform -- phpbb -- not developed by us) works. Presumably its designers had their reasons, but I don't know what they were. The 'Sent' box effectively shows which messages have been read by the recipient, and the 'Out' box shows messages that haven't yet been read.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to General discussion