It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am

Hauptwerk

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Gamba

Hauptwerk

Mike Ludwig

PostFri Jan 05, 2007 4:01 pm

For those who don't speak German, what type of computer conponents run this?

adri

PostFri Jan 05, 2007 8:02 pm

This is a very impressive and terribly expensive looking console.

My personal console-ation (pun intended) is that the organs on my own, much simpler, setup will basically sound just the same! I say basically, because your computer , RAM, headphones and/or speaker system will determine the sound, not the console.

Jonathan Taylor

New Console

PostFri Jan 05, 2007 8:17 pm

WOW, I'm Very Impressed. What a terrific terraced console! Yes I'm also curious about the computer(s) for this setup?
"The organ is in my eyes and ears the king of all instruments," Mozart in 1777

Gamba

PostSat Jan 06, 2007 8:13 am

I can't answer the technical questions, but with the explicit permission of the owner Jörg Glebe I post these pictures.

May be later some German users whose knowledge of English is better than mine can tell about it - especially the technical details.

Try to read the German forum (and you can imagine my feeling to read an English forum).

German Hauptwerk forum

Matthias

Mick Berg

PostSat Jan 06, 2007 7:21 pm

Martin should be delighted that such a spectacular console has been devoted to a Hauptwerk installation. I hope we get to hear more about this amazing project.
Mick Berg.

dna

PostSat Jan 06, 2007 8:15 pm

Babble-Fish Translations:

Samples:

- Ducroquet/Cavaillé Coll
- Silver man Reinhardtsgrimma
- Bosch/Schnittger
- Skinner
- Litomysl

Console Dimensions:

2.65m x 1.25 m x 1.20m, over 800 kg. (1764 lbs.)

Cost:

I estimate the costs after rough estimate at least at the initial costs of a fully out-permitted Mercedes Benz E-class as T-model with AMG Tuning (E 63 AMG T-model).

Mick Berg

PostSat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm

I have so much junk on my computer, that I forget that I actually have some useful programs! Here is the whole thread, from the German site, translated by a translation program. I haven't altered anything, except take out the smilies and pictures, and there are some hilarious gems like the substitution of "card-table" for "console"!
Here it is: (I hope it's legal to do this...)

In the next days, the Midifizierung takes place, before is installed for me from 15.01.2007 of the calculators and the audio components.
My pipe brochure is still rebuilt at present, afterwards, I discontinue gladly further pictures.
Dear greetingses from Bochum
Wahnsinns-Spieltisch!
Blissful Cavaille-Coll, please for us! * g *
That is the hammer! There, one is moved genuinely to tears.
So, the living room turns into the cathedral. Cordial congratulation!
Greeting, Lothar,
Question: Did you let this card table built with whom?
Is that a standard design or shape completely individually?
Is there a home page where one can look at such chief work card table?
Such a great card table may be interesting also for the one or other digital organ owners. Beautiful casings let themselves definitely integrate in such on conventional Digi-Orgeln.
Where does the framework in price lie for such a thing?
I am total from the socks! Joseph and Maria!
Cordial congratulation!!!
Matthias
Craziness!
The card table virtually screams after it, with one neatly Mac per and, to be equipped HW II for Mac OS X,...
(I let exactly HW II run mini on a Mac...)
Greeting, Manfred Müller-Späth,
Dear Lothar, Matthias, night owl and Mr. Müller-Späth,
I am pleased very happy about the congratulations to my card table.
Enclosed even further details:
Drawn register trains
Keyboards (Mammut/Ebenholz)
Ad type setters, cylinder, 3 Schwellertritte
Built-in Touchscreen for chief work:
Type setter combination:
Exchangeable register labelings:
I hope, I don't overload you in my euphoria.
Dear greetingses -
Jörg Glebe -
Quotation:
I hope, I don't overload you in my euphoria.
Absolutely not! When one gets to already see sowas.
The question, whoever builds sowas and something costs it, remains...
Hello Jörg,
no, no, no worry: the big joy is really comprehensible: one doesn't see such a splendor piece all days; even if the sound, what the optics of the card table involves, holds, then, nothing more can go wrong: cordial congratulation to this really exceptional "Christmas gift." Everything really looks very solid and high-quality, in short: great!
I find the idea with the Registerschiebetafeln very convincingly, at least as long as, how not 5 or more different Orgelsamplesets must be loaded.
Or does it input specifically for this card table of produced Sampleset maybe?
Best greetingses from Switzerland
I now determine in myself something like a mixture from bewilderment, admiration, envy and pride.
That is somehow unbelievable, what I see. There, somebody leaves itself a high-professional card table, that seeks something comparable in churches, that I know about who in a vicinity, for his/its house doesn't make something how many kilometers mitnichten can find.
Simply incredibly! , We are found out the details still sufficiently early.)
Childlike astonishment stands for me here simply once at first. Almost I think that it is not true.
Stunned, stunned... how was that with the increases?
LG, Matthias,
Quotation:
The question, whoever builds sowas....
... her/its/their reply certainly is interesting and would become me, certainly not as single, interests.
Quotation:
The question,... something it costs...
I hold personally for barely "to curious" and could accept her/its/their non-reply I without problems: one can certainly introduce oneself that not once one this from the petty cash berappt just. , Do you notice that I live in the country of the "held up" bank secrecy?)
Best greetingses from the Schweiz_________________Eberhard
Brune
Quotation:
I hold personally "too curiously" for barely
why? however, that is one of the most obvious about with something similar asks.
I don't understand why some organize so much secretiveness around the money.
as if it would be some defamatory one to be prosperous.
childishly...
Night owl wrote following:
why? however, that is one of the most obvious about with something similar asks.
for me not - if you have other needs there: o.k., accepts.
I don't expect an answer publicly here anyway and also hold this question for not so important.
Best greetingses from the country of the "held up Bankgeheimnisses"_________________Eberhard
Brune
Okey, dear people, quite quiet remains.
I admittedly didn't drive the chin drawer again upward yet, however in me also some (...) move of course Synapses, the prying matter, to refer, begins.
J. Glebe wrote following:
In the next days, the Midifizierung takes place...
Therefore this astonished me also something. With R & M, I had suspect that this already had been done in the workshop. Was the card table anticipated for others than chief work purposes originally? The brilliant solution of the register strips speaks however very much against it.
I believe to have to read even more canyon Doyle.
Alle/viele inquiries increase my opinion according to only the madly high interest value of the project.
LG, Matthias,
Hello *,
Ebi wrote following:
Quotation:
The question, whoever builds sowas....
... her/its/their reply certainly is interesting and would become me, certainly not as single, interests.
Quotation:
The question,... something it costs...
I hold personally for barely "to curious" and could accept her/its/their non-reply I without problems: one can certainly introduce oneself that not once one this from the petty cash berappt just. , Do you notice that I live in the country of the "held up" bank secrecy?)
Best greetingses from Switzerland
in principle, each organ builder can, whether now of BDO-Mitglied not or, such a card table builds. Otto Heuss, http://www.ottoheuss.de /, card table build for Pfeiffen, for example, - and digital sacral organs after customers' need including the integration of type setter installations and the MIDIfizierung of the card table. It likes to become keyboards and further accessories with August Laukhuff, http://www.laukhuff.de /, covered, by the way also through miscellaneous sacral organ manufacturers.
With the price including the high-quality production of all components including MIDIfizierung, a Pfeiffenprospekt, I estimate an adequate High-End Abstrahlung with Raumsimulation and a "matching" computer platform, that takes also future chief work developments into account, the costs of E-Klasse at least a fully ausgestatten Mercedes-Benz after coarse estimate on the acquisition costs as T-Modell with AMG-Tuning (E 63 AMG T-Modell).
Best regards from
Matthias' Rhineland
Very amusing!
Mick Berg.

Jonathan Taylor

Translation

PostSat Jan 06, 2007 11:02 pm

Thank you for the translation except it doesn't make any sense? I have one of those translation programs and it to does a bad job of translations. I wish I spoke German.
"The organ is in my eyes and ears the king of all instruments," Mozart in 1777

Mick Berg

PostSat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 pm

It's not difficult to work out what is really meant. I thought I would leave it as it was for the amusement factor.
Mick Berg.

Joerg Glebe

PostSun Jan 07, 2007 8:17 am

Hi everybody,

I'm Joerg [Shortform from Georg(e)] from Bochum/Germany.
Above you find my new organ console for Hauptwerk.

My english isn't very good, but I try to answer your questions.

Thank you for your interest.

Bye
- Joerg -

adri

PostSun Jan 07, 2007 3:45 pm

I like to have a card table like that, and may be there is even room for poker on it! :D :wink:

Gamba

PostSat Feb 10, 2007 10:57 am

Yesterday I visited Jörg and his outstanding organ (house).

This older picture is without the most pipes in facade. I think Jörg will post a new picture with the completed front.

I was surprised about the real good sound with a lot of Genelec boxes.

Some organ sets I tested:

- Bosch-Schnitger, OrganArt Media (multiple release/no artefacts! Perhaps the sound is a bit indirect and some stops react slower, but my opinion is in any case: today the best set!!!)

- Silbermann, OrganArt Media (very good, but no manual reeds and recorded without the new OrganARt Media technology)

- Ducroquet-Cavaillé-Coll, OrganArt Media (In future with all multiple release levels it will be in fact the Organ Queen of Hauptwerk. I was absolutely impressed about the sound of the reeds.)

- Skinner, Milan Digital (no comment)
- The Litomysl I didn’t want to test.

The Intel QX 6700 from www.sakralorgelwelt.de works very well with the fastest and heavy tutti of Ducroquet-Cavaillé-Coll. No problems.

My result: I’ll wait for a payable PC, which works correctly with the two (or more?) OrganArt Media multiple release sets. From my point of view other sets without this technology mean loss of money.

During this time I use the low cost sets with short reverb – for example from Lavender Audio or Prospectum.

Sincerely, Matthias

Gamba

PostWed Feb 14, 2007 2:38 pm

[url=http://www.bauer-music.de/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=13]Look at the number of visits in the German Hauptwerk forum: "Neues Hauptwerkprojekt in NRW"!
[/url]
Why?

Best regards,
Matthias

Joerg Glebe

PostThu Feb 15, 2007 3:51 am

Hello everbody,

here is a new photo of my organ.

Bye, Joerg
Next

Return to General discussion