It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:29 pm

William Bolcom - A Grand Finale!

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

yursanity1

William Bolcom - A Grand Finale!

PostFri Oct 30, 2020 12:28 am

For those of you keeping up with my Pandemic organ series, it has reached it's conclusion with my latest video. William Bolcom's Black Host is an unjustly neglected work, and there was not a single video performance of it on YouTube. So, I made one! It has, perhaps, the greatest climax in all of organ literature and I have really enjoyed working on it these past few weeks doing my best to get it ready before Halloween! There is also a claymation narrative in the video, but rest assured it is all William Bolcom approved! He had this to say:

I'm thrilled. It's very gratifying to see this 53-year-old piece still has legs. I love the claymation silliness -- it helps the apocalyptic mood mixed with the fun in equal measure. Roger Waters from Pink Floyd sent it to Black Sabbath.,who I swear stole some of the licks, to which I say fine with me. Will you please forward this terrific performance to my publisher, Matt Keiser at matt@keisersouthern.com I'm hoping my new publisher will get BH engraved finally. Best, WB

Here's the video link, happy Halloween!

https://youtu.be/vRqUfyPxj9U

You can subscribe to my youtube channel or follow me on Facebook. I am shifting gears to focus on a monumental work which has only been performed in the US by William Albright. Stay tuned!

Return to General discussion