It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:45 am

New Hauptwerk Console finally complete ...

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

mdyde

Re: New Hauptwerk Console finally complete ...

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 11:15 am

Thanks, Ken.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

GrahamH

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Ken wrote
Graham will have great difficulty devising a way doing the same thing because the Arduino IDE editor is based also on 7-bit fonts, and he would not be able to type them directly into his code anyway.

By using Alt codes, I CAN type stop names with accented letters (é, û, ö etc.) in the Arduino sketch. But they don't appear on the OLED displays, presumably because the display font that I'm using does not contain these characters?

Graham

bobhehmann

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Ken, that is really nice. I watched both your videos, and am intrigued by your solution to the dynamic labeling challenge. I've been slowly pulling together parts for my organ, and sometime in 2021 I hope to get serious about stop-jambs. I'm currently just using a regular PC with 1 non-touch screen, using the mouse to control, or presets/combinations for more rapid in-performance changes. My momentum would have taken me the touch-screen for jambs route, but you've given me something to think about. What TFTs and Buttons are you using in your jambs (if that question is appropriate...)?

In your video, you referenced a generic USB3 bug, that led you to limit your hubs to USB2. Could you explain a bit? I'm working with a major keyboard supplier trying to debug a mystery failure when using the USB option on one of their keyboards (regular MIDI is just fine. I only presently have one of their keyboards, so we don't know if it a localized electronics problem in the keyboard.) It fully worked on my (old) laptop; only worked on the MOBO (backside) USBs but not the case-front USBs of my old defunct tower PC, and doesn't work at all on my modern, personally built PC. Windows recognizes that a USB device has been plugged in, but sees it as generic, not as a Sound/MIDI device, and therefore loads the wrong driver. From any port (all USB3, in all of its variants up to 3.1/C). But other inexpensive MIDI keyboards work just fine if plugged into those same USB3 ports. We've been mutually scratching our heads for almost a year over this, and your note is the first lead I've had in a new direction.

Here's wishing you and yours great enjoyment from your newest instrument.
Cheers, Bob
Previous

Return to General discussion