It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 5:08 pm

Complete Water Music for Concert Organ

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

ldeutsch

Complete Water Music for Concert Organ

PostWed Dec 30, 2020 11:48 am

Everyone,

This is my main gift to the organ community for the New Year - a transcription of the complete "Water Music" by G. F. Handel for the concert organ.

If you are like me, you have played excerpts from the Water Music from time to time. There are a host of arrangements of the more famous movements. However, I have never seen a transcription of the complete set of three suites. I have spent the last six months, off-and-on, honing this project so that every movement is playable and captures as much of the originsal feel as possible. I have even suggested registrations for each movement.

The score for the three Water Music suites can be found easily on IMSLP. I started with this score and a set of reference recordings.

Normally, I record everything I transcribe and post the recordings with the sheet music. However, because there is so much music here, I have only recorded three movements from the 1st suite in F. Since I am a mathematician, I could say "the proof is left for the students..." By the way, I recorded these three pieces on a version of the Evensong Pasadena Presbyterian Church sample set which I have completely revoiced and moved a few ranks between divisions. This was yet another of my pandemic projects.

You can find the three Water Music suites and these recordings at my web site:

http://www.nightbloomingjazzmen.com/Les_Sheet_Music.html

As always, you are welcome to perform and record these as long as you give me appropriate credit for the transcribing and arranging.

Happy New Year!

Les

sesquialtera

Re: Complete Water Music for Concert Organ

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 5:35 am

Hello Les,
Thank you for all this water and congrats for this transcription's work !
Happy new year !

Return to General discussion