It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

General Error

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

vpo-organist

Re: General Error

PostSat Jun 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Today the error come 4 times.

Theorbe

PostThu Jul 08, 2021 5:51 pm

This is still happening and I'm afraid I find that really annoying.

engrssc

PostThu Jul 08, 2021 6:06 pm

The idea that SOMEONE is doing anything to fix this annoyance has become right up there with a joke. :lol: :o :shock:

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

PostTue Jul 27, 2021 2:20 am

LET'S FACE IT PEOPLE, - Nothing positive has or WILL be done to fix this problem. No other Forum that I frequent has such an issue.. There is quite a number of (former) loyal Forum members that keep writing to me privately that are much more than annoyed. The word is ANGRY. That's the reputation that Hauptwerk now has - idle promises. I refuse to answer on behalf of HW anymore since it's an obvious non-issue to the Admin. Have much better things to do.

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostTue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 am

Hello Ed,

Our apologies for the continued inconvenience. I heard from Brett a couple of weeks ago that MDA's Web programmer had the forum software upgraded on a new server, and was ready to switch the live forum over to it, but then caught the coronavirus and so was off sick, hence the forum upgrade was unexpectedly delayed.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostTue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 am

Thanks, Martin, no need to apologize to me. That's just the way it is.

You might mention to Brett he could have shared that info here. I've found most Forum members are very understanding folks. The problem(s) has always happened on the Forum when there has been a lack of Admin communication. That certainly does not apply to you, Martin.

As I mentioned, I'm not going to answer any of those emails because there is nothing I can do to fix the problem anyway.

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdyde

PostTue Jul 27, 2021 4:39 am

Thanks, Ed.
Best regards, Martin.

IainStinson

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 10:47 am

How is the work on correcting the problems with the forum going?

Is the web programmer OK and has he recovered from COVID-19?

We last heard about the illness nearly three months ago. Hope he hasn’t got long COVID

There have been fewer errors recently because I suspect there is less activity.

What’s the plan and timescale to sort this out please.

Iain

GrahamH

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 3:56 pm

From where I'm sitting it seems to have got worse than ever this last few weeks and the delays have become longer. As Ed says, it's not simply boring, it's annoying when you are trying to use the forum to "do stuff" rather than simply to while away the time.
I'm wondering if it's a ploy to move us over to Facebook and wind up the forum altogether?
That would be a pity since not all of us want to sign up to "social media" ...

Graham

mnailor

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 5:07 pm

The HW facebook group isn't connected in any way to MDA as far as I can tell. It's not likely that this is a plot to push us to fb. It looks like nobody is available to increase the database connection pool limit from 25, or possibly it's a contractual limit requiring higher fees to increase.

The fb group can successfully answer questions and solve some problems, so it's useful, but it's more like an opinion poll without a Martin to back us up when we're stumped. Very few answers show that the responder has even read the user guide... It is also getting clogged with people posting their youtube performances, which isn't as easy to sift through as contrebombarde.

mdyde

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 4:08 am

Hello Iain and Graham,

I heard from Brett a couple of months ago that MDA's previous web programmer had recovered, but unfortunately wasn't available to work for MDA at the moment, and that MDA now has a new web programmer. He had needed to work on getting another urgent issue with the website resolved first, but getting the forum's performance improved was still very much in the queue for the near future. As far as I know, that's still the status, but I've let Brett know, in case there are any further status updates.
Best regards, Martin.

mnailor

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 9:09 am

Thanks, Martin!

larason2

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 2:55 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the Facebook group, in part because the admins openly promote Hauptwerk's competition stating they think that Hauptwerk needs some competition, and in part because of some of the issues mentioned above.

hans0166

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 am

larason2 wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the Facebook group, in part because the admins openly promote Hauptwerk's competition stating they think that Hauptwerk needs some competition, .

competition makes companies sharp, waking them up from their "comfortable" sleep, because their users have no other place to go.
And personally i think... that serious competition is around the corner with the beta of a dutch company, that is perhaps less in what we'r used to by HW, but a zillion times easier to use.

larason2 wrote: and in part because of some of the issues mentioned above.

First step to loose customer trust is lack of info and progress in repairing bugs, even on a "simple" forum. Together with how many people felt with the last, more or less forced version updates : trust comes with little steps, but leaves as a forumule 1 car.

randallschmid

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 4:55 am

If you look down of the bottom of the forum page, you will see that the forum is "powered by phppBB.com".

If you go to phpbb.com, you will see phpBB is free, open source bulletin board software. Navigate to their forum page, and you will see that it is identical to HW's forum software.

Search there for "maxuserconnections" and you will see other companies issues and solutions for this problem.

There is no HW Web development required. This is a third party software package. All that is required is for the hosting sysadmin to change the setting.

BTW, the 25 connections includes BOTs run by various search engines that scrape the site.
PreviousNext

Return to General discussion