It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 am

How to create a database for saved registrations

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

robsig

How to create a database for saved registrations

PostWed Dec 06, 2023 4:18 pm

Hello. I have been hauptwerking for almost a decade now. I have accumulated quite a few saved registrations on several sample sets. So far I have not made a list of all my registrations other than on the pages of musical scores and now forScore versions of my repertoire, and they include just the combination sets and pistons, not the individual choices of stops.

I am working on Mac OS and would like to create lists including composer, name of piece, sample set and combination set. I don't need to note the individual stops, which would multiply the information immensely.

I'm looking at a database that I can print out and keep in a binder next to the organ, so I don't need to look at a computer file while the iPad is being used for scores. Ideally there would be separate lists organized by composer, sample set and combination set. I suppose I could simply create Word files and organize alphabetically (or numerically) with a couple of columns, but there must be programs specifically for this kind of thing which would allow cross-referencing and sorting, for the computer file version.

How have you all organized your registration data?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Robert S

mdyde

Re: How to create a database for saved registrations

PostThu Dec 07, 2023 4:46 am

Hello Robert,

I don't know off-hand whether there are any dedicated database-type applications for cataloguing organ registrations, but just in case it's relevant and you weren't aware of it, within Hauptwerk you could potentially use "Registration | Export/view current combinations as a text listing" (with each relevant combination set loaded), and save the resulting files somewhere for reference.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to General discussion