It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:16 am

A stop control option

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

SMann

A stop control option

PostFri Aug 27, 2004 10:17 am

Hello Everyone,

Here is a link to a line of devices that may provide a workable stop and piston control solution for some Hauptwerk users. They are add on push button units that can be programmed to send any combination of computer keyboard presses such as Hauptwerk keyboard shortcuts to your computer. The key caps can be relabeled using provided Microsoft Word templates so you can use your printer to genereate the labels. Different size and color keycaps are also available.

http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys.php

I originally purchased an "X-Keys Professional" unit to use with computer games and found it to be of excellent construction quality and very easy to program and use.

I now use a MIDI upgraded 1980's Rodgers console to play Hauptwerk, but previous to that I found that the X-Keys unit worked very well for stop and piston control. I don't think I have seen X-keys mentioned on this forum and thought it might be helpful for some.

Regards,

Steve

Ken

Re: A Stop Control Option

PostFri Aug 27, 2004 4:41 pm

Hi Steve:

Thank you very much for the link to xkeys.

I believe this option, which I previously was unaware of, is a very cost effective solution to adding stops and pistons to a console.

Thanks again,

Ken

Return to General discussion