It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:27 am

1766 Schmidt organ ready for ordering

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

zurek

1766 Schmidt organ ready for ordering

PostMon Sep 01, 2003 6:05 am

Dear users of Hauptwerk,
please, let me inform you that a barroque organ sample set is ready for ordering. It was built in 1766 by Johann Ignaz Schmidt. It has 12 speaking stops originally. Another sample set extends this to 19 speaking stops. You may find the information on http://www.clavmon.cz/sonus. Cost: EUR 147 (initial discount of EUR 30 untill the end of September.)

zurek

demo

PostTue Sep 02, 2003 5:55 am

Some demo songs are now at the place they should be. I hope it gives some taste of the timbre of the stops. The interpretation is not really excellent as it is played by myself. I am not a good organist at all.
www.clavmon.cz/sonus

zurek

more and better demos

PostMon Sep 08, 2003 3:44 am

Dear Hauptwerk users,
thanks to James Pressler who sent to me a couple of MIDI files I have been able to add some more demo samples to my project page. So, these are much more esthetically elaborated than my own rough demos.
www.clavmon.cz/sonus
Jiri Zurek

jocr

subject: more and better demos

PostThu Sep 18, 2003 10:50 am

Thanks for the compliment, Jiri, but your demos show the organ off well. I have been enjoying the instrument very much.

There are also another 2+ hours of samples using this delightful instrument (even one brave one hand-registered for the original organ, which lacks certain notes in the bass octave) at:

http://www.virtuallybaroque.com/list5gi.htm

Note availability as a Real Audio streaming concert. Please feel free to listen and download these, I have tons of bandwidth!

James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zurek

Mohrheim demos

PostThu Jan 08, 2004 9:53 am

Over the holydays, I made some new demos using Mohrheim's Trios. These lovely classicist compositions make sound Peruc organ as it was perhaps intended. The compositions are from the time the organ was built.

Return to General discussion