Search:
Submit Search

Radeker&Garrels organ of the Mangnuskerk Anloo (1719)

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...

Radeker&Garrels organ of the Mangnuskerk Anloo (1719)

Postby gernot » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Good evening everybody,

after more than three years of work - mainly development of new sample processing software and algorithms - the Anloo set is about to be released.
Some information about the organ and the sample set is already available at http://www.prospectum.com >>organs>>masterpieces>>Great Organ of the Magnuskerk Anloo (Netherlands). As well, the set is being tested by several people and recordings / virtual performances are being made.

If you would like to be informed about the release of the Anloo set (which should take place in one or two weeks), please subscribe to our newsletter at http://www.prospectum.com/en/newsletter.php.

There is one thing I would like to hear your opinions about: Thanks to the kind permission of the 'Stichting Muziek in Anloo' and a group of volunteers it was possible to translate the book "Opus Magnum in de Magnuskerk" (The Geat Organ of the Magnuskerk) from Dutch to English. The idea is that the Anloo set comes with this very detailed book (pdf file). However at the moment it looks like the layouting and final checking of the book is going to take much longer than assumed, resulting in another delay. Now what do you think: Is it acceptable to release the Anloo organ now and deliver the book once it is ready? Please write a mail to info.new@prospectum.com. Thanks!
gernot

Re: Radeker&Garrels organ of the Mangnuskerk Anloo (1719)

Postby Sander » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:14 am

Good news, many people have been waiting for this.

About the book, it is either waiting for the book to be ready to also wait have to wait for the sampleset or just wait for the book while enjoying the sampleset. I wouldn't mind enjoying the sampleset first. But people who don't can wait till the book is ready before they buy it.
Sander

Postby gernot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Thank you for all the mails!
As a result, we will release the sample set now and deliver the Opus Magnum book later as you suggested.
gernot

Postby Wim Eradus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Gernot,

Congratulations with finishing your Anloo sampling project. I had the pleasure to play already the beta-version, and I was very impressed by the strong character of this instrument, a typical specimen of Dutch organ culture. Especially the gravity of the combination Quintadena 16, Principael 8 and Trumpet 8 is amazing.

That you received not so much reactions on your message up to now might be caused by the long periods of silence around this project. I also guess that the Dutch village Anloo and his Magnus church are rather unknown for the most Hauptwerk users.
On the other hand, I know that a lot of Dutch organists were looking out (with some impatience) for the release. To my opinion the excellent results are worth to be waiting for!

Wim
Wim Eradus

Release of the Anloo organ

Postby gernot » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:04 am

Hello everybody,

the release date of the Anloo organ is 11/30/2009 and the minimum contribution will be 199€. As usual, a donation for the maintenance of the organ is included.
You can already find some information about the Anloo organ on our website, including a link to virtual performances by James Pressler. In the next couple of days we will add some recordings by Bert den Hertog. These are taken from a complete CD he has recorded on the virtual Anloo organ.

The virtual Anloo organ will come with

- pipe samples in 24bit quality processed with our amazing multi layer processing system (MLP)
- action noise samples for all keys/stops in 24bit quality processed with mlp
- a set of tremulant samples for each pipe(!) made with our new tremulant template technology
- a variety of 13 temperaments taken from the book Opus Magnum in de Magnuskerk
- a high quality stereo-stereo impulse response of the Magnuskerk made with our own 80bit processing tools
- an English version of the book Opus Magnum in de Magnuskerk (~95 pages) about the organ
- a great CD recorded on the Anloo organ by Prof. Harald Vogel (ISO image)
- another great CD recorded on the virtual Anloo organ by Bert den Hertog (ISO image)

Please note that the English translation of the book is not ready yet. However many people encouraged us to release the Anloo set now and deliver the English version of the book as soon as it is ready - and that is what we will do.

In order to celebrate the Anloo release, we have prepared something special for you:
If your order is among the first twenty orders or you order in 2009, your virtual Anoo organ WILL COME WITH A COPY OF THE BOOK OPUS MAGNUM IN DE MAGNUSKERK (DUTCH) PLUS A COPY OF HARALD VOGEL'S ANLOO CD INSTEAD OF THE ISO IMAGE. Of course worldwide shipping will be free of charge for these orders.

Please tell anybody who might be interested in the virtual Anloo organ that it will be released now. If you have questions about the Anloo set, feel free to write a mail to info.new@prospectum.com.

Gernot
gernot

Postby gingercat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:47 am

I'm sure the set will sound fantastic (haven't heard the demos yet), it is just a shame that it essentially uses Hauptwerk V1 technology for the virtual console*. It'd be nice to see photo-realistic drawknobs etc. used in the set.

(*Just to highlight, I mean the visual appearance, not the sound samples)
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs
gingercat

Postby Anton Heger » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:21 am

Hello Gernot,

Nothing is written about multiple releases?

Regards,
Anton
Anton Heger

Postby Wim Eradus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:14 am

To Chris,

You wrote:
It'd be nice to see photo-realistic drawknobs etc. used in the set.
Actually, Gernot did make photographs of the drawknops and mounted them as small pictures in the screen layout.

Wim
Wim Eradus

Postby gingercat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:37 am

The virtual console only shows the console labels (which I assume act as stop switches), but it would be nice to see the actual drawknobs themselves othewise it makes the whole console look more computerised.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs
gingercat

Postby gernot » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:01 pm

Good evening,

@3D GUI: Of course these things are always a matter of taste. My personal, subjective opinion is that such a GUI is not a must-have feature. Sound is much more important to me as an organist and engineer. That is why I spent so much time on developping knowledge based pipe processing algorithms.
When you have a look at the Anloo GUI, you will find that - apart from the labels - there is no element that does not have a function. That is what Helge (who designed the GUI) had in mind.

@multi release: The Anloo organ has been recorded with a little bit of reverb and a lot of direct sound. This ensures that the sound is very detailed , has a lot of "texture" and works well with additional reverberation. On the other hand release artefacts are minimized that way. However, I agree that it is a good idea to add multi release samples as an update.

Gernot
gernot

Return to Hauptwerk instruments