Search:
Submit Search

Kispest Organ Demos on YouTube

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...

Kispest Organ Demos on YouTube

Postby jcfelice88keys » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:39 am

Hello All,

Two demos of the Kispest Organ have been uploaded to YouTube: Roulade by Seth Bingham (1882-1972) and the Hornpipe from Handel's Watermusick, performed by Yours Truly with a modern cadenza.

Please note that the sounds you hear are "raw" out-of-the-box, with the stereo releases included. What you hear is what you get: No subsequent EQ was made, no third party reverb was applied, and even the Pipe & Rank Voicing was left unaltered in these demos.

Because I run Hauptwerk on the Mac platform, the various VST features (described by Csaba Huszty in other threads) were not available to me at present; however, the sound is still very, very impressive. In this format for the Mac computer running the 64-bit Hauptwerk beta version, I was able to load the entire Stereo version with R0, R1 and R2 releases into my quad-core Intel MacPro equipped with 13GB RAM. You can hear for yourself there were no pops, clicks or any other form of audio break-up in these performances; the polyphony was set to 2222 in the 64-bit Audio Engine.

If you append the suffix &fmt=18 to any YouTube video, you get to view it in a higher quality, often with better sound. The following URLs already have the suffices added to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY9r6EpNkPQ&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-KyOum4Rk&fmt=18

Many thanks go to Csaba and the Inspired Acoustics team for making this organ library public in the very near future. As always, opinions and comments are welcomed.

Enjoy,

Joe
jcfelice88keys

Re: Kispest Organ Demos on YouTube

Postby giovdan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Joe,
I listen this nice "Hornpipe" version in one J.Guillou's recital; When I find this score?
Very great performance but this sample sound too dry for my taste!
giovdan

Postby polikimre » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:34 am

I think it's by far the wettest set from Inspired Acoustics. To me it sounds just about right.
polikimre

Postby jcfelice88keys » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm

giovdan wrote:Hi Joe,
I listen this nice "Hornpipe" version in one J.Guillou's recital; When I find this score?
Very great performance but this sample sound too dry for my taste!

I transcribed this score for personal use only, note-for-note, from a CD by Guillou. For this reason, I shall not make my personal transcription public.

Regarding whether the set sounds dry or wet, please note that because I run this on a Mac computer, the VST companion that allows one to alter the microphone position and perspective of the room acoustics ... is not available yet to Mac users. PC users will have this capability available to them.

Also note that I specifically ran the program in its out-of-the box mode with zero EQ or any third-party processing whatsoever in these demos. What you hear is how the stereo version sounds with no fiddling with the sound other than playing the organ.

Joe
jcfelice88keys

Return to Hauptwerk instruments