It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

Hello, everyone!

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

rdb

Hello, everyone!

PostSat Mar 15, 2003 8:33 am

Allow me to introduce myself: I built a Schober Concert Model (Kit) over 40 years ago - it's a vacuum tube model - have not had time to even turn it on for many years - but am now retired and would like to bring it up to date - found Hauptwerk which looks like the best way to proceed. Unfortunately I don't play very well, but love the sound of pipe organs and have some enjoyment tinkering and playing some simple pieces. Right now I'm trying to decide on the best way to proceed with the MIDI conversion, would appreciate any input from other members outlining some experiences.

rdb

Jon Hammond

PostWed Mar 19, 2003 8:18 pm

Re: RDB's Schober - Also in the 60's I tried to build the Schober from scratch using their schematics. I purchased two Pratt & Reed keyboards (3-bus model). In a few years the gold plating on the bus wires and spring contacts oxidized and since they did not use diode keying, it became unplayable. What I suggest is to purchase a Fatar Studio 610 on ebay. I have acquired three ranging from $70 to $120 USD. Pull out the electronic card and contact strips and arrange a mounting under the Pratt-Reed key levers. The geometry of the Fatar keyboard is your guide for contact spacing and tilt. I can send pictures of how I mountged these in the Rodgers keyboards. This way you'll have a full function midi controller to drive your Hauptwerk. If successfull, you can acquire the second Studio 610. Jon Hammond

Return to General discussion