It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:12 pm

Hauptwerk Version2 and an Idea about remote computers

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

armorsecsys

Hauptwerk Version2 and an Idea about remote computers

PostThu Jul 14, 2005 6:11 pm

since HW2 will have the ability to have "Remote" computers to ease the load on the main system I was thinking of an Idea.

Normally when a digital organ is installed by Allen organs or Rodgers, and if the amps are located in the same room as the speakers, they send 12VDC power to a relay in the chamber that will turn on the amps.

Now with that in mind, if HW2 has the ability to have remote computers and if one chooses to install the computer in the same room as the speakers and run a LAN cable to the computer from the main one they could plug it into the same outlet that controls the AMPS. Some computers can boot up automatically.

Here is the question.. If you set up a system like that, and with the computers in the chambers so they dont have to have monitors and keyboards, is it possible to have a program or have HW2 have lights on the console to let you know when the "Remote" computers are ready?

That way if you are sitting at the organ console and you turn it on, once the main system boots up, you can just look at the screen and see when the remote computers are fully booted up and ready to play.

Just an idea..

Matthew
St. Louis, MO

mdyde

PostFri Jul 15, 2005 5:13 am

Hauptwerk v2 has the ability to display status information on LCD panels (given appropriate hardware, which will be documented when the release is ready), and also to drive status indicator lamps showing, for example, when Hauptwerk is ready, or when an organ is fully loaded and ready to be played.

When the distributed feature is completed, status information will be communicated between the computers, and it is intended that the indicators should correctly show the status for the system as a whole, hence the 'organ ready' indicator would only show when all computers are ready.

Martin.

armorsecsys

PostSat Jul 16, 2005 12:30 am

All this just sounds to good to be true.. I cant wait to have this system setup...

Im already building me a 3 manuel MIDI organ console that I will be able to use with the Hauptwerk Software

Matthew
St. Louis, MO

Return to General discussion