It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

Pedalboard / bench advice

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

clarkezone

Pedalboard / bench advice

PostMon Jul 18, 2005 2:27 am

Hi.. I'm a newly registered user of HW coming back to the (virtual) instrument after 18 years of absense since doing grade 8 at school. I'm looking to buy some pedals and a bench.. currently swaying towards the Classic Organ Works pedalboard ago32n although at a loss for a bench. What do people round here use? Are these pedals OK?

many thanks

James
-James

MRGreenwood

PostMon Jul 18, 2005 5:00 am

I phoned around local organ builders and managed to pick up a second-hand oak bench for 70 GBP. So no carpentry needed, and it cost less than I could have bought the wood for anyway.

Martin

gingercat

PostMon Jul 18, 2005 5:43 am

I went the DIY route with my organ bench and just built it mostly from pine shelving. Bad photo of my setup (in my garage) can be seen here: http://www.ginger-cat.co.uk/articles.html

I can definitely second Martin's advice about ringing round local organ builders for a bench though if you don't fancy the DIY route. Your local organ builder will probably be able to supply you with a cheap second hand pedal board too, but you will likely have to MIDIfy if yourself (lots of info on this in the Interfacing forum).

Regards,
Chris.

afwen

PostMon Jul 18, 2005 9:44 am

I built myself an adjustable-height bench out of two-by-fours by building a low bench and putting the seat part of an adjustable-height piano bench on top of it.

-Alvin

Return to General discussion