It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:27 pm

An unsolicited testimonial

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

An unsolicited testimonial

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Recently, I was plagued with an issue that seemed unsolvable. Since my computer was a Mac and was partitioned 50/50 with Windows Vista Ultimate on one side ( with all of the Hauptwerk installations and organs, etc. on the other ) my 500 gig hard drive was essentially a 250 gig drive, too small for the number of organ that I wished to own. Foolishly, I placed my faith in the Mac "Pro Advisors" to transfer all of this data and the operating system ( a procedure they arrogantly claimed was an easy process) to a larger 1 terabyte hard drive that was more sensibly partitioned to 90/10 rather than the original 50/50. This supposed simple process, according to them, ended up as a nightmare which essentially was all lost data, un-recoverable. So much for Mac's Pro-Advisers.

I remembered that Francois Ratte was an IT expert in PC's and, coincidentally, a Hauptwerk user and expert. After I had lost all hope of ever having my system operate like it used to , I employed Francois to find out what the hell was wrong. He, remotely, was able to diagnose and fix my issues and bring it back to the original performance levels. The added plus was that he did this on a larger ( 1 terabyte not a 250 gig) hard drive with four times the capacity for additional organ installations.

I will say, without reservation, that Mr. Ratte is an expert with the PC, fully knowledgeable of Hauptwerrk and fixed a problem that even the highest level of Mac software advisors were unable to do. That says plenty. If you have a problem that you or anyone else can't solve, I would recommend that you contact him. My hat is off to Mr. Ratte, I am a happy person.

Antoni Scott

Return to General discussion