It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 pm

A Postlude for Easter

Playing or learning the organ, hints, tips and tricks, registrations, techniques, fingerings, ...
  • Author

phillyorganist

A Postlude for Easter

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm looking for a big Postlude for Easter that would include the instrumentalists that we have for the choir during Mass--namely, timpanis and 1 trumpet--but without a choir.

Does anyone know a good score for a Postlude for Organ, trumpet and timpani?

I'd actually like to do Bach's "Awake, O Wintry Earth" if I could find just an instrumental arrangements, but all the arrangements seem to include more instruments.
Jim

adri

Re: A Postlude for Easter

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 4:09 pm

why not call Richard in the organ/choral dept. at Dale's Music in Silver Spring, MD? He loves to help people. Great guy. In USA: 1 (800) 779-6874

bWoll

PostFri Mar 15, 2013 5:46 pm

There is a wonderful piece for organ from Jean Langlais: Incantation pour Jour Saint :)
I like it. It's in my opinion an improvisation about the cantus firmus from "Lumen Christi".

DavidMoore

PostSat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 am

If you have access to a string quartet (or quintet), and can handle a virtuosic pedal solo, look at Samuel Barber's Toccata Festival for Organ, Strings, Trumpet and Timpani. On the other hand, I'm not sure this type of musical and technical "suffering" is necessary to reach the concluding sense of Salvation. May be a bit heavy for Easter liturgy.

Return to Performance practice