It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

New exposures....

Playing or learning the organ, hints, tips and tricks, registrations, techniques, fingerings, ...
  • Author

notdefined

New exposures....

PostWed Apr 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Last evening about 20 of us met at a local restaurant a`nd afterward, I invited most of them to come by my house to take at my Hauptwerk setup before I dismantled it for the move up north to Washington state. None of folk were familiar with Hauptwerk. Needless to say, seeing a 5 manual Möller console sitting in a living room stopped them in their tracks. I have no clue what they were expecting to hear, but I had set up the Willis Salisbury for an organist who was going to play several pieces on the organ including Vierne's Carillon de Westminster. I did mess up in that I forgot that he is on the tall side, the 6'7" tall side and I did not have a single bench block, so he looked somewhat like an adult sitting at a grade school desk. When he started to play it was a different story. Even the organist was shocked a bit. As expected they had not heard any electronic organ sound like it does. Most of the organ wise folks there were fond of Ernest Skinner's instruments and Willis evidently was a good choice. Several said, "I have to get one of these.." SCORE!

RichardW

Re: New exposures....

PostWed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Nice work!
Richard

Return to Performance practice