It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 pm

Duruflé: Prelude sur l'Introit de l'Epiphanie

Playing or learning the organ, hints, tips and tricks, registrations, techniques, fingerings, ...
  • Author

durufle2

Duruflé: Prelude sur l'Introit de l'Epiphanie

PostSun Jul 28, 2013 6:32 pm

It seems that Duruflé's Prelude sur l'Introit de l'Epiphanie is frequently performed and recorded, and yet I haven't ever been able to find a printed score for it. Does anyone know where it is available?

CarsonCooman

Re: Duruflé: Prelude sur l'Introit de l'Epiphanie

PostSun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm

durufle2 wrote:It seems that Duruflé's Prelude sur l'Introit de l'Epiphanie is frequently performed and recorded, and yet I haven't ever been able to find a printed score for it. Does anyone know where it is available?

That's because it was published in an anthology from Éditions musicales de la Schola Cantorum, who put out many anthologies of liturgical organ pieces (each volume a different sort of piece: sorties, élevations, etc.). In each volume, the pieces are written by all different 20th century French organ composers.

The Duruflé is in the volume called "Préludes à l'Introït" published in 1960, along with works by 11 other composers. The volume is still available from them (http://www.schola-editions.com) -- catalog number SC OL 48.

durufle2

PostMon Jul 29, 2013 8:51 pm

Thank you, Carson!

And I've been enjoying hearing some of your choral works that come up on a couple of the choral Pandora channels I listen to!

jharmon

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 5:52 am

Durufle2

Please check your messages

John

Return to Performance practice