It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:57 am

Variations and Fugue, Opus 73, Max Reger

Playing or learning the organ, hints, tips and tricks, registrations, techniques, fingerings, ...
  • Author

OrganoPleno

Variations and Fugue, Opus 73, Max Reger

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello! I've produced a nice version of Max Reger's Opus 73 (Variations and Fugue on an Original Theme) in F-Sharp Minor. Performed from a hand-crafted MIDI-file featuring the Laurenskerk Organ of Rotterdam, with fine attention to articulation, phrasing, and registration.

Since I cannot yet get it successfully uploaded onto Contrebombarde.com, I have posted the whole thing into Cloud Storage where any interested party can find it:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6 ... E16A%21126

The Zip-file can be downloaded, and contains the MP-3 Recording itself, plus the MIDI-file generated by Hauptwerk (so anybody with the Laurenskerk Organ installed can play it "live" and see or capture all the registrations). There is also a text file with some comments on the composition, and a link to the original Score at the Sibley Music Library.

Hoping that you all enjoy the Music!

OrganoPleno

Re: Variations and Fugue, Opus 73, Max Reger

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 am

OrganoPleno wrote:Since I cannot yet get it successfully uploaded onto Contrebombarde.com, I have posted the whole thing into Cloud Storage where any interested party can find it:

Problem solved, thanks to the Computers at my local Kinko's Copy.

The Piece seems to be "hot" right now, with a recent CD release, a recent concert performance in San Francisco (by Paul Jacobs), and two recent postings on YouTube.

The performance by Ulf Norberg of Stockholm is particularly fine, and shows a number of interesting points of contact with my own interpretation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbplP-doKYs

Anyway, I got eager to claim the Priority for this piece on Contrebombarde for the Hauptwerk community, not knowing how many others might be working on it at this very moment. And if you are, I truly look forward to hearing your own version as well!

Wishing the very Best to all of you, at this special time of year... and the finest Easter / Pascha / Passover to all who so celebrate.

sesquialtera

Re: Variations and Fugue, Opus 73, Max Reger

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 12:57 pm

The performance by Ulf Norberg of Stockholm is particularly fine, and shows a number of interesting points of contact with my own interpretation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbplP-doKYs

Hello organopleno, thank you for the link !
the girl next to the organist is so nice, so gorgeous !! ... I didn't listen to the music ... :D
I hope the next HW 4.1 will come with such a beautifull assistant !! :oops:
-

Return to Performance practice