It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am

Custom design register knobs

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

josq

Custom design register knobs

PostTue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 am

Noob question: I really enjoy the photorealistic consoles of Hauptwerk, but when I'm registering I still quite often mess things up because I just miss some register knobs. So sometimes I really would like to fill my touch screen with an array of big, ugly buttons. Is there any simple way to achieve this?

engrssc

Re: Custom design register knobs

PostTue Feb 28, 2012 10:39 am

josq wrote:Noob question: I really enjoy the photorealistic consoles of Hauptwerk, but when I'm registering I still quite often mess things up because I just miss some register knobs.

Especially true with some of the old organs from Europe with the stop names (at least for some of us) hard to read in the first place as they are in a "foreign" language.

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostTue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am

Hello Jos,

The only way currently to make your own custom virtual console for an organ is to create your own organ definition for the organ using the Custom Organ Design Module (CODM, usually from scratch, unless the sample set creator has provided one for you to use as a starting point, as we do with St. Anne's), assuming the sample set's licence allows use of the CODM (as far as I know, all do, except for OrganART Media sample sets).

Depending on the size and complexity of the sample set, that might be a fairly sizeable undertaking. The Custom Organ Design Module user's guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk) covers the CODM's use and the example files that are included with Hauptwerk.

(For the longer-term, we do have logged as an enhancement request that Hauptwerk could have some kind of graphical design environment for users easily to create their own additional custom virtual console pages, i.e. 'front-ends', for existing sample sets, without needing to recreate the rest of the functionality of the organ.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

josq

PostTue Feb 28, 2012 11:06 am

That's a clear answer. I was already afraid for that: it just requires a lot of work. Nevertheless good that it is logged as an enhancement request.

It took me some time anyway to discover some room for improvement in Hauptwerk 4 ;)

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)